Sunday, September 22, 2024

Cosplay+Pokémon Go: Pikachu's Indonesia Journey in Jakarta - Jakarta City Safari

Me: Surprise once more!!!

Goh: [*GASP*]

Me: I told you it's big and familiar - and really far too.

Ash: OK, so it'll be like the ones on the island and the other city, right?

Me: Yes and no. This time, instead of everything being (mostly) centered in one place, there are now several places that are designated for Trainers to explore. 

Goh: Thus, "City Safari".

Me: Exactly. And because this is an official "Safari" event, there are two new twists, plus one more later on - but I'll let Ash find that out. 

Ash: Neat!

Me: There are also a few other tasks for you to do. And the first place you'll explore... is a field nearby the point of arrival. 

Goh: Wow! So you get into action as you arrive. 

Ash: Uh-huh. It's a little daring, but our friend has things figured out... I think.

Pikachu: Chu pika. ["Hope so."]

Me: As if that's not enough, you also change outfits for this one - in part by necessity, conformity, and other stuff.

Ash: I got my Journeys outfit for this one!

Goh: Just like in those two places.

Me: See, that's the whole deal. OK, so I think we can get into the wheel and deal of this one.

Ash: So I got to the field, and I saw a few people playing. I hooked up with two of them and really explored around the field - they even gave me a new Pokémon! 

Goh: What does it look like? 

Ash: It looks like a block of stone on top of two smaller ones.

Me: Oh - Stonjourner. Some people have been looking for that since the Galar starters appeared. So... those people must be from England.

Ash: Yeah! I think so. Then you told me to go to the old city to play... but then I had a hard time playing there.

Me: In retrospect, maybe I should have told you to stay there, since a friend of us should have picked you up to go somewhat far west to play.

Ash: He did, and he took us to a small island. It was really far, but it also felt like the event on the big island.

Goh: Even the entertainment and everything? 

Ash: Even that. I finally got to see the idol group from before, plus a female singer, a virtual singer, and a Pikachu DJ.

Goh: How neat!

Pikachu: Pi, p-p-p-pika. [feigns turntable scratching]

Ash: And at the end, there was a light show with drones. They showed images of a few Legendary Pokémon!

Goh: Amazing! 

Ash: And that was the end. But it really made a great day!

Me: Which leads me to discuss what actually happened. Did you raid for Latias and Latios to get their card images? 

Ash: Yeah! But they weren't that good and weren't Shiny.

Me: OK, that's fine. Did you catch a few Skiddo?

Ash: Sure! Maybe a bit more so you could give them to friends. 

Goh: Skiddo, huh. Is it that rare?

Me: It only comes with "Safari" events so far, so you could say that.

Goh: Makes sense.

Me: You also should have caught Eevee with explorer hats. 

Ash: I got 10 of them, 8 from timed tasks. Luckily, I got them all done before time was up. 

Goh: Why couldn't they have not made them untimed? Our friend here must have paid for them.

Me: See, I was thinking the same thing. I consider it a perk of the experience, not a bonus. But 10 is very good.

Goh: Were Skiddo and Eevee the two twists?

Me: Yup. The third was Oranguru and Passimian from field tasks mid-afternoon. How was that? 

Ash: I got two Shiny Passimian back to back! 

Goh: Impressive. 

Ash: But no Shiny Oranguru.

Me: You did what you could. I guess... no Shiny Pikachu with the batik shirt, then.

Ash: Nope.

Me: [sigh] Well, next time I go or send you to the other big city - the closest place to me - let me see if it can be hunted for it. They say it should still be around until next year.

Goh: It's worth a try.

Me: Indeed. With that, the journey has reached its peak - I don't want to say it's an "end", for there might be others down the line. 

Goh: And you sent Ash to three places. Wasn't there a fourth?

Me: There was - the "in Jogjakarta" event. That actually happened last month when we talked about "temples", because that's the "city of temples".

Ash: Oh, so that's why we did that!

Pikachu: Pika! ["Got it!"]

Me: I thought about sending you, but then the big city announcement came up, so that killed any plans for going. I guess this "cannibalized demand" for that. 

Goh: It could happen to other people too.

Me: Of course. So anyway, it's been a wonderful journey where we've been able to go, and thanks for being a part of it.

Pikachu: Pi-ka! ["Awesome!"]

Goh: We have to thank you too for being with us. 

Ash: Goh is right! It's been really great.

Me: Wherever the Pokémon journey takes us next, that's where we want to be - and will try to be, when circumstances allow.

Two years ago: Teams in Café Remix

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.