Sunday, September 22, 2019

Cosplay: GACOS LEVELUP

Me: Hey, you know the place I discussed in yesterday's post? There's something going on over there, so I have to send you.

Ash: Wait, are you sure you're OK doing this?

Pikachu: Pi, pika... [concerned]

Me: Sure I'm sure. Achievements don't come by themselves, kind of like what you achieved *hint hint*.

Ash: OK, I'll help you. So now... hey, this theme event looks a lot like the one from two months ago, in the same place, and even the people that hold it seem to be the same.

Me: Huh. Isn't that strange. Usually something like this happens with the same exact event for the next year's edition, but not for two different ones a short time apart!

Ash: Some of your friends did say it was better, and I agreed. There were a few more food stands, so it was more filled out. They did better for the schedule timing - everything wasn't too delayed. I think they're right.

Me: I'm sure they learned from their mistakes last time. OK, so I sent you with a special outfit.

Ash: Oh, from that journey!

Pikachu: Pika! ["Yes!"]

Me: Yeah, that one. I've sent you with the express hope that you can perform something, as there is a performance competition, but I still can't make it work out. It'll have to be for another time.

Ash: But there are other ones, right?

Me: There are, and those are the singing competition and the parade. Part of the reason for the special outfit is to perform the first Kanto theme, but a different version from the one that's yours.

Ash: Oh, I get it! I like this version too, even if it's not "myself", you could say. It's mellower than the one that's "mine".

Me: I had wanted you to sing this one some time ago, but that one didn't happen - or in other words, the time got "stolen".

Ash: Oh yeah! We should be glad we could do it this time. But I didn't win.

Me: How so?

Ash: I was around 20 or so people who sang, but there were only two winners.

Me: You know, this singing competition is always in high demand, but the number of winners is always low and sometimes not representative, if I may say so. I'm sure that this time isn't right.

Pikachu: Pi pika. ["Maybe so."]

Me: OK, so what about the parade?

Ash: It was fun, and there weren't many in it. A character told me that some of them might have been in another parade in a different part. But I didn't win, since the only prizes I could win were for best clothing and favorite character, and they went to someone else. The good thing is that I didn't have to wait to hear the results.

Me: Well, that seems to be a thing with parade results nowadays. I'm OK with it, because it means you and I won't wait in agony. All right, so it's time for final impressions.

Ash: As you say, they're different events, but they seem almost the same. This one is still much better except maybe for the prizes. Maybe we can also do better next time!

Pikachu: Pika pika! ["We have to!"]

Me: I couldn't agree more. We'll have to do something about that real soon.

One year ago: Pokémon Go Community Day, 9/22/2018
Two years ago: Riot of Pokémon Color

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.