Thursday, February 9, 2023

Pokémon Consulting?

A friend, who often becomes the "sounding board" for my posts on this blog, hypothesized a possible profession related to Pokémon and suggested that it may be something that I can take up. That profession is as hinted by the title of this post, which is to become a consultant for Pokémon matters. It sounds like a lucrative profession for those who know very many things about Pokémon, some considerations need to be made. This includes for my personal case, which the two of us addressed as we talked.

Such a job would have a description of offering informative advice and assistance to players of Pokémon games. For example, someone who has just started a certain main series Pokémon game might ask about which starter Pokémon to choose and what challenges the person might face as a result of making the choice. I would then provide the advice and assistance as the person requires, and then hopefully I would get something out of it in return. This example case shows that I have the potential to take up such a job, along with other knowledgeable people or fans of Pokémon.

Even so, a job like this still would have its demands. One of those is the demand of knowledge: I would need to have as much knowledge as possible - possibly even more than what I currently possess right now - in order to provide the best consultation results. If not knowledge, I might need to be demanded to specialize in a particular Pokémon aspect; for example, considering the current prevalence of game content on this blog, I may be best in specializing on Pokémon Go and the puzzle games rather than on any other Pokémon game. It may be considered similar to any other consulting profession.

In my particular case, however, I may also be considered to have taken up this profession through this blog, even though I haven't been able to obtain (sufficient) rewards for it. At present, that would depend on the whims of other people who are reading my blog as well as the Pokémon efforts that I put in outside of my blog but then I also document to certain capacities on this blog. In that sense, the profession would then act as a support for this blog and the blog would act as a support for the profession, which is something that I would need to take advantage of if the profession came to be.

The prospect of Pokémon consulting seems to be rather fascinating. Well-known and knowledgeable fans like me can put all their good knowledge to great use and for the service of other fans and players, and then hopefully be rewarded for it. Yet it would remain sensibly like any other (consulting) jobs with their own considerations and necessities that could and should be fulfilled. Considering everything, the hypothesis by my friend might not be too far off, and it could stand to be realized.

One year ago: Having Faith in (My) Pokémon
Three years ago: Coming Up Roses
Four years ago: Cosplay: Eien no Kiseki
Five years ago: Seeking Confirmation
Six years ago: Time

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.