Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Valentine's Day 2023: A Batty Heart

For the occasion of this year's Valentine's Day, I'm in effect going back to the roots of my discussions years ago (see below). I've taken a whimsically appropriate phrase that not only describes my day and how I feel, but is also quite related to certain Pokémon happenings. That phrase is as indicated in the subtitle: "a batty heart". Hearts are an obvious theme for this day, but the word "batty" is an odd one - in fact, as an informal term, it means "crazy" or "silly", in addition to a thematic link that will soon become obvious. And in this way, everything proceeds today.

Taken literally, most of the "craziness" occurred in the middle of the day, when it seemed that many other hearts - of other people, certainly - converged to address me at nearly the same time. It felt maddening to have them all together, like a swarm of Zubat suddenly coming out of a cave, and not exactly romantic either - unless it so happened that one of the Zubat becomes attracted and interested to tag along with me. Yet in my case, it seems that most of the happenings were passing glances, and only time will tell if and when I happen to glance at them again, perhaps as they return to the cave.

And after the happenings, it seems I'm left with a "batty heart" myself. Instead of being a "pure heart" like that of a Luvdisc (a Pokémon I've addressed in one of the past years below), it becomes a bit of a confused mess. The word "batty" is appropriate because bats are perceived to move around in an erratic fashion, and that seems to be true to an extent - yet some Bug Pokémon that fly may also do so to a lesser extent. Whatever the case, it's apparent that the happenings of today have left my heart floating every which way in a rather crazed state, even for a "crazy" Pokémon fan like me.

Of course, there's another reason for the "batty heart" today: there is a Pokémon that is a literal bat with a heart, which would be Woobat, and today it became featured in the Spotlight Hour of Pokémon Go. It appeared in many places, including my local area, although I didn't need to get crazed up about capturing them - my normal self was just fine for doing that. Even so, a few of the Woobat did have the craziness to fly out and leave, but in the end, things didn't matter too much. The above was perhaps the only thing that was the most appropriate in relation to the whimsical phrase I had selected for the happenings of today, Pokémon or otherwise.

Everyone may have a crazy day at some point or another in their lives, and one of mine seems to be today - Valentine's Day, no less. Even so, the hearts of people are whimsical regardless and on any occasion, not just on this particular day. If anything, that whimsy may also include an attraction to Pokémon, which has the potential to make its most intense fans crazed ("batty") at times. On this particular Valentine's Day, it just might be worthwhile to pay attention to the hearts of the self and of the others... and make sure they are only as crazy as they need to be.

Whether hearts are crazy or not, Happy Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.