Thursday, February 16, 2023

Utsuru Loot: More Stylistic Pokémon Stickers

Speaking of stickers, there's a set of physical ones that I recently obtained and need to make a discussion of, as they deserve it. Earlier, when I went to a certain convention last year, I obtained "loot" that was partly in the form of stickers from a couple of different booths. This year, as I attended the "repeat edition" of a different convention, I saw more stickers in one of the characteristic styles, and I decided to grab them as my only loot from there, since I was in a bit of a pinch. After that, they slipped my mind until I was subtly reminded of possessing them, and now I've decided to cover them.


In the picture above, the four stickers that I obtained previously are on the left, while the new stickers I obtained are on the right. It becomes evident that they are of the same style, as the widths of the strokes and the telltale "sleepy eyes" totally give it away. This was even without referring back to the previous stickers when I obtained them, which means that they stand out for those exact reasons. Therefore, it made perfect sense to obtain them so that I can round out what I had obtained.

And the ones I chose to obtain were Squirtle, Cyndaquil, and Grookey. The selection was made based on the starter Pokémon types (Grass, Fire, Water) and generations (first, second, and eighth), counting the Pikachu I had obtained earlier as a "pan-generational" representative. That means the only ones I am missing and need to make this truly "pan-generational" are something from the third, fourth, and sixth generations in each of the types. It may be something easier said than done.

These stickers are rather and truly stylistic and characteristic, which is why I got them in the first place. Evidently, they remain as such, which made it trivial for them to get picked out again, even at a different convention. And the great thing is that they make a collection that had been started more complete. While I'm not certain that I can expand them later on to complete the collection, that would indeed be a stylistic measure if it could happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.