Friday, February 17, 2023

NADWPKMN - The Video Series: Episode #5 - Musical Expressions

After another long period of inactivity, I've been able to create another video and upload it on the YouTube channel accompanying this blog. It does hold true that the creation of these videos does take time, and this one just further affirms that. And yet the topic I bring up in this video is one that is near and dear, which is why I had been hoping to make the video earlier than later. Regardless, it is now done and, as usual, embedded below.


The reason is part of why the title of this episode is "Musical Expressions". In it, I discuss Pokémon music and the places where it may be present and enjoyed, while also plugging in my personal experiences with it. That would be the Otaku Band performance and my J-Karaoke performance from around three and a half years ago, which I consider the ultimate ways (and my pinnacle, at least for the former) of expressing my Pokémon appreciation.

Like the previous cosplay episode, I featured a clip (to be precise, two) in this episode. This process will continue to become the way I highlight or preview clips that very much pertain to me and my Pokémon experiences. Due to the musical nature of this episode, I've also tagged the featured music where appropriate for posterity reasons. In a future episode, this could work out for background music as well for much of the same reasons.

I'm still not an expert in video editing, even though now with five videos on my channel I have some sense of what I want to do and how I ought to be able to achieve them, like here as I experimented with labeling and additional overlays on the video. While it may be fair to say that putting together clips represents the bulk of what I need to do, as is also true for this video, there may be no harm experimenting here, especially if it can work well.

With five episodes, it may be said that I've affirmed a commitment to keep this channel going, even if I may not be able to get things going on a regular basis unlike this blog. The affirmed commitment may have to be just as great as the one I possess for Pokémon in general, which should already be evident no matter how I choose to express that - especially if my musical talent as shown here is of any indication.

One year ago: Follow-up Pokémon Happenings
Two years ago: Gym Takedown Habits
Three years ago: Delayed Costumes
Six years ago: The Park Is Open

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.