Monday, March 27, 2023

Tournament: SWEEP JR vs. Majestic Force Elite (SA Factions)

Cycle 2 of Season 4 for Silph Arena Factions continues, and my team, SWEEP JR, goes along for the ride. In Bout 2, which took place over the previous week, we were paired up with a Faction called Majestic Force Elite; it's a Faction from India, part of a group of similar teams with "Elite" in their names and can be considered closely associated. Even so, although it claims to be an Indian team, its members are mostly composed of Trainers from other countries - 4 from the U.S., 2 from Canada, 1 from Turkey, and the remaining 3 from India. It might suggest to be a real test, and what a test it was.

The first test was for me as the Captain to make substitutes for active players. One of them stated unavailability for the Bout due to certain issues, and another had to be substituted to take time off, as perceived from what happened in the last Bout. Fortunately, that was simple to make as the process takes place in the exact same place where I made the Faction RSVP - the Cycle page. Even so, as it was the first time I underwent the process, I was on edge as to whether I had done it correctly, since it's of a vital importance. Thankfully, as the Bout moved into the "battle phase", the players were set in stone and I knew I had done it correctly.

For that, which took place after the "pairing phase" and "roster phase", the "battle phase" started out on Friday. First up on Friday morning my team time (which also applies for all times below) was the Open Great League match of riman12 vs. Silvieboi (from the United States), again with the first opponent as the opposing team Captain; that resulted in a 3-0 sweeping victory and a good start. Later on in the day came RaymondHrtwn vs. Hausofalex (from Canada) in the Justicar Field for Ultra League and bakalikur vs. Monish6720 (from India) in the Arcana Field, the latter involving one of the teammates I substituted. The results were 1-2 and 0-3 losses respectively, and that put our team slightly behind.

Saturday had a scheduled Go Battle Day, so no matches were supposed to be played that day to focus on the battling event. However, due to another communication mishap (and a dispute being filed), one match took place in the middle of that day: Wina1403 vs. Acklimate (from the United States) in the Catacomb Field, involving the other substitution I made. After a rather protracted process - it was supposed to be played on Friday afternoon - the match was won 2-1, serving as an "equalizer". The results were nice even though the coordination was rather difficult.

Accordingly, the rest of the matches were scheduled on Sunday. Two of them took place in the middle of the day: YukixCyz vs. Yashas2236 (from India) and Kucingimutt vs. Randy345679 (also from India), in the Catacomb and Arcana Fields respectively. The former was also marred by coordination issues and another filed dispute, delaying it from its initial morning schedule. In order, the results were 1-2 and 2-1, putting both teams at a 9-9 draw. Once again, things came down to the Open Master League match, this time between Orioo16 and TurhanAksoy (from Turkey), and again at the end of the day. With some rallying, the match was won 2-1, leading to the final result of 11-10 and the first victory for my Faction.

While I've yet to battle (and by this Bout, everyone else has done so at least once), my real test in this Bout still lay on keeping my team together and synchronizing it with the other team. That includes the two disputes that I was prompted to file. I consider myself a "pacifist", so I'm in favor of them not being filed one way or another - but alas, things happen, so sometimes they just have to be filed to keep things in line, as my manager notes. Further, with or without disputes filed, any real progress can only be gained through battles; this is very important for me, my team, and practically any Factions competitor to keep in mind.

It's been two Bouts so far in the current Cycle, and what has transpired has been enthralling and captivating as well as mind-numbing and nail-biting. That is particularly the case for this Bout, which if it is considered to be presenting a test, then my team and I may have just passed it with an average mark, thanks to the narrow victory that we gained after our narrow loss prior. At this point, the tiers of the current Cycle are starting to shape up, and the challenge that lies in wait might be able to be seen. Having completed the test of our first two Bouts, we might just be due for another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.