Saturday, March 4, 2023

Matters of Cosplay Teasers

On a few prior occasions, I've taken posts in order to tease my cosplay plans for an event or convention I will be attending in due time. More so, I had already been required to do it on another social network as part of the deal, including participation in a relevant competition. Of course, since the last one occurred, cosplay had to be put on hold because of the global downturn. Now that the downturn is not as great as it was, cosplay (and the events and conventions that host them) is starting to return to an acceptable amount. As such, this matter deserves to be highlighted, especially in my personal case of Pokémon cosplay.

Personally, I'm not above or beyond this matter, but at the same time, I don't put much effort into it, unless I am dictated to or it has already happened, as in the required cases. Still, it's a great way to hint what's coming up for me, as with a rather simplistic teaser I made. It's different from the officially made teasers, but that's not a bad thing; it just makes me who I am, especially if it's as simple and no-nonsense as the one above.

That's not to say that the official teasers don't have weight in representing who I am as a Pokémon cosplayer. Take, for example, this teaser for a recent convention that turned out to be one of the greatest ever for me:


Although this teaser was effectively posted on the day of the convention and I had no obligation to share or (re)post it on social media, it still helps me to make my mark on the convention of concern and make sure that everyone knows of my cosplay intent. It also helps that this time, the organizers opted to display the picture of the character I chose nearly in full view. Even before the actual rewards came, this teaser felt quite rewarding, particularly for my chosen way of Pokémon cosplay.

Bottom line: teasers are great even if they're not absolutely required, and they don't have to be over-elaborate either (though some elaboration is stylistically helpful). They're especially helpful with social media connections to establish one's presence and interests, whether it's Pokémon for me or whatever others have that they like.

Certainly, this post has another intent: it's to present another teaser for a convention that's happening tomorrow, and it'll be a big one.


Ash: Oh wow!

Goh: Looks like this will be a neat one.

Me: Best of luck for all the things that will happen then.

One year ago: Recent New Unite Facets
Four years ago: A Mew Pouch
Six years ago: Two Pokémon Notebooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.