Saturday, March 25, 2023

Pokémon Rites of Passage

My concluding remarks for the critique of a Pokémon song performance I recently made, aside from mentioning a term that aptly related to the experience (fait accompli), also mentioned the term "rite of passage". In general, it's a term that describes very important happenings in one's life. For me, since I've already said in the very beginning that Pokémon is my life, it would be logical to consider that there are "rites of passage" that are related to Pokémon as well. That becomes something I consider relevant to discuss in a post.

I've already explained that performance as a "rite of passage", but so are my prior band performances, singing the Pokémon songs that I thought I'd never be able to sing in exactly that way. They're high points over the course of my vocal Pokémon journey, even if some are higher than others. And each of them may serve as the gateways to the next one, even though I may not know which band I will sing with next, or even the Pokémon song for that matter. In some ways, the karaoke performances are then intermediate milestones for those "rites of passage", helping to bring them to fruition.

On the game side of things, meanwhile, my new dealings with a certain Silph Arena Faction may be practically considered a "rite of passage" as well. It becomes a serious foray into competitive Pokémon along with all the happenings that are associated with that effort - and there are even more now, but they need to be saved to be covered at a later time. Regardless of how I'm involved, the "rite of passage" involves improving myself in a variety of ways, some of which are pertinent even outside of Pokémon Go as the game of concern and Silph Arena as the competitive medium.

Even the efforts to go to and attend special Pokémon happenings may be considered "rites of passage". This includes one that happened a real long time ago and one that is more recent. In both cases, I gained something (prizes, merchandise, and even connections with other people) out of them as I attended or in the relevant processes I went through before and after attending. Those happenings are therefore as much a development for external Pokémon affairs as they are developments of my own Pokémon affairs, especially given this blog to keep track of them as they happen.

This discussion, I have to admit, is also partially inspired by a musical piece titled... "Rites of Passage", appropriately. It is yet another piece that is composed by Yanni, clearly a favorite artist of mine, and is slightly melancholic, as if to reminisce moments that may be classified as such. In fact, while going to the recent happening as above, it is one of the pieces that came to my mind; as such, the piece will forever be inextricably linked to that moment - and maybe any of these "rites of passage" that I have mentioned.

Any Pokémon fan like me will certainly go through specific "rites of passage", whether or not they pertain directly to Pokémon. But if they do, the results will likely be similar to the happenings above, which I indeed consider as my Pokémon rites of passage for the important things they possess. The key word is certainly "important", which is included in the definition of what may qualify as such moments. Such would be true of any Pokémon fan in considering the relation of its moments to their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.