Thursday, March 25, 2021

The State of Nominations, Part 9

With two months having gone by, it is now fit once again to update the status of my PokéStop nominations in Pokémon Go and how those are going. One big news I have on this front is that I've made exactly 100 distinct nominations, which is indeed a milestone. It doesn't really merit too much of a celebration of some kind, but this big and round number is enough to put many things in perspective, and that seems like a good approach for this edition of the post.

It always helps to start off with the hard numbers. With 5 more approved nominations, my total of approved nominations is 53. The number of superseded (11) and rejected (26) nominations did not change from last time, though for the latter, one rejected nomination became approved and that was replaced by another rejected nomination. The number of currently active (unresolved) nominations I have is 8 plus 2 renominations. Only two of those are one year or older, which means that the process has kept up to date.

Being that I have 100 distinct nominations, it's easy to see that I have a 53% success rate, though if the superseded nominations are counted as one-half, then my success rate is closer to 60%. That figure can only go up with more approved nominations and especially renominations that are very much deserving. While I'm not about to compare myself to other nominators, I'd say that I've been able to contribute greatly or at least as much as anyone, and the benefits should be able to be perceived right away. That's something that drives me to keep nominating, for my own benefit and that of others.

At this point, I may also want to consider nominating a few places that are too close to current PokéStops but are themselves viable candidates, which I consider as "backup" places. With the spate of wild edits and removals of existing PokéStops these days, it may be viable to have a few places that can serve to supplement existing PokéStops in case they get moved around and/or removed. While that shouldn't happen unless for a very good reason, it might help to play it safe and provide a few extra accepted nominations that may become PokéStops later on under good circumstances, and only those good circumstances.

Meanwhile, for the prospect of good or better nominations, some kind of "visibility aid" on a mapping service should be able to help in this regard. I'm rather occupied to deal with this business, but others may be able to assist to create these "visibility aids", even the mapping service itself. Once the "visibility aid" is in place, then I can do what I do best, which is to nominate the places and then hopefully have them be approved so that they become new PokéStops and markers of remarkable places.

In another two months, there may be quite a few more changes past the personal milestone of 100 distinct nominations, including to the world of Pokémon Go itself with all the approved nominations that become PokéStops. For now, the efforts continue with places that can be found, potential backup places, and maybe some helpful visual aid. They're all foundations to keep my nomination efforts going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.