Sunday, December 8, 2019

Pieces of a Pokémon Life

I love finding out how different things unfold little by little, or more specifically in pieces. There is a certain enjoyment in doing so that is different from doing it all at once. Granted, in my personal case, this occurs partly because of the things that I do, but whether or not it's incidental, it might just work well for me. And certainly, it works out with what I do with Pokémon as well, which is why I'm posting about it.

I'm forced to do so when I play Pokémon Shuffle and Pokémon Picross on my 3DS. While I've completed the latter a very long time ago and the former is open-ended even today, I find that the way that they restrict play (by Hearts and Puzzle Energy respectively) stops me from investing too much time at once; I can take a step back, especially if bad things happen, before attempting to do other things. For other Pokémon games where limits are not in place, especially the main series games, it's something I have to learn to do on my own, which is not necessarily easy to do. The piecemeal approach still seems to work in different ways, which is why I should consider it.

The same approach must also be why I like to watch the Pokémon anime when I'm not in control of watching it - in other words, when it is aired by certain distributors, such as local channels. While I do have to be present regularly for it, the fact that I may get only one or two at a time keeps me expectant for what might be next. Even so, I can and should be able to apply this even if I have access to individual episodes; that way, they can be kept in pieces. Of course, all the episodes of the anime are "pieces" themselves, here being for a journey, and so I'm picking up the pieces as I watch them, regardless of how that is executed.

There's also a certain other Pokémon thing that comes in pieces: this blog, or to be more exact, the posts on this blog. Each day, I present a different piece of my life that goes hand in hand with Pokémon. This blog is for others to enjoy so that they may pick up the pieces I've left to fill in the Pokémon parts of their lives. The beauty is that they may just pick up a different-looking piece than what I've left behind, and that's OK. The important thing is that they have the opportunity to pick up what I've left behind and adapt it for themselves. My Pokémon experiences form a complex picture, and I'm sure this is the same for others. Putting together our pieces makes those pictures even more complex.

I don't ask for things, let alone Pokémon things, in my life to be delivered in pieces. But sometimes that happens, and that may be to my benefit. As well, I'm already doing so for other Pokémon fans for their benefit as well. The strange thing is that it somehow works out and is enjoyable too. But whether or not things come in (many) pieces, they're still part of the whole of my experiences and life as well, and that's just as important to remember.

One year ago: Cosplay: IJF - Cosplayer Rising Star
Two years ago: (Un)finished Business

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.