Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Three Years: Making My Moves

This is it. This post makes it a full three years that I have posted about Pokémon, what I do with it, and what happens around it. In doing so, there are now over 1000 posts on this blog. It's an astounding effort for one Pokémon fan to make. And on the subject of making things, it seems appropriate to describe those efforts using another Pokémon concept, much like I did last year (see below). That concept is the concept of moves, which is key to many Pokémon games, not the least of which is its main series games. With this blog, I feel that I have made my moves, along with other things that I do involving Pokémon.

Whether on-the-spot like in Pokémon Go or by turns as in the main series games and a few others, the point of a move is to cause an adversary to yield. In this way, the other party achieves success. Moves can also benefit oneself or another so that more of them can be made. With two parties, the exchange of moves may be considered a kind of "dialectics" to see how things work out. In the same way, I make my moves with Pokémon in order to see how the things I think will happen will work out, and to pursue at least some sort of success. Unfortunately, as evidenced by some things throughout this year, many things didn't quite work out and success seemed minimal. But then other things did work out and led to great success, which makes it great that those things happened.

Last Sunday's happenings bombed, also as I've noted yesterday, and not in a too-good way, at least solely based on the competitive results. Then again, the same could apply to a good deal of events and conventions this year. I haven't done that well either in actual Pokémon game competitions as well. They're kind of like the High Jump Kick that ends up missing or a Thunderbolt that ends up canceled by a Lightning Rod, or else I ran into someone's Protect or Spiky Shield. They just didn't work out the way that they were intended to be, but that's OK - at least they were attempted.

Of course, there was also the other kind of happening that I also noted yesterday. It's one of the few successes I have outside of competitions, though I also had ones in those earlier this year. Those are the moves that actually succeeded; they're the Brick Break that went through a Reflect or the Bullet Seed that hits five times, or even the Surf that hits two opposing Pokémon. They're all valuable sure hits that will surely remain in memory, and most of all, they were the efforts that really worked out and succeeded.

The example moves above are all moves that make the adversary yield. But through this blog, I also make moves to benefit oneself or another, for example by partaking and reporting in game events, providing tips and tricks on certain things, and display wonderful things to make others inspired (and desire). They can be likened to Helping Hand for a battle partner, Lock-On to make the next move hit, and Sweet Scent to sway others. They're all potentially useful and may lead to further successes as above.

Moves have been essential since the very first Pokémon games, and they remain a very key concept today. They have to be appropriate for Pokémon to take advantage of them in battle to outdo adversaries or elevate capabilities. In much the same way, for what I do with Pokémon and with what happens around it, I'm also making my moves. It may not be successful every time, but I can't expect it to fail all the time as well. There are many such moments that are strewn around over the three years of this blog, and this blog serves as a log or history of the moves that I've made, one that is indeed visible to many and can serve well for making my next moves.

This is certainly not the last that I'll be making my moves. I'll be continuing to make them, especially when it comes to Pokémon. It too will have moves of its own, so I have to respond with mine. And if things permit, they will certainly be posted on this blog. With that, I must thank those who have read my blog over these past three years. Let's see if we can make our (Pokémon) moves in the next year and beyond. Cheers! 😀

One year ago: Two Years of Evolution
Two years ago: One Year Full of Pokémon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.