Friday, December 20, 2019

Sitting Pikachu Keychain

Perhaps the greatest challenge I face as a blogger and a writer in general is to be able to write a lot about something that's only a little thing. A case in point is a certain piece of Pokémon merchandise I recently got, from a (not so) festive anniversary theme event. It's only a little thing, which might make it seem insignificant and uninteresting, especially to write about. But then, I am interested in putting it up on this blog, so that's a challenge I have to face for this post. Here goes.


As the title of this post indicates, the piece of merchandise I wish to discuss is a certain keychain that depicts Pikachu. It might seem like it would be related to another Pikachu keychain that I recently obtained and discussed as well, due to antonymous keywords - "standing" vs. "sitting" - but they're actually very different. This keychain is a flat image keychain, whereas the other is a figure keychain. It also doesn't have too many details to describe, whereas the other does. In that way, this is simple and the other is a little more intricate.

Yet, I can still note much of its details. This is a standard acrylic keychain, with an image sandwiched between two acrylic sheets. It's a simple way of making image keychains, but I surmise it might actually not be that simple to make. As well, it would be too simple to put an image on just one side, so this one has it on both sides, only flipped on the other side. The left ear off Pikachu is also clipped, but the rest of the keychain is OK. It is odd just as much as it makes sense. Due to the simplistic nature, the keychain may not have much collection value, but it does have quite a bit of utility value, in that I would use it with my regular keys. It's not too bad for a keychain.

With that, I've been able to write quite a bit about this keychain, which may seem to lack detail otherwise. Evidently, it may seem insignificant at first glance, but there are some significant details about it, which I've described as above. I've pretty much fulfilled the challenge of writing lots about a little thing, and in that way, it's a little thing that isn't... which also goes for my appreciation for Pokémon, enough that it led me to get this little big thing and make a little big deal about it in writing.

One year ago: Pokémon Go Event Rollup, 12/20/2018
Two years ago: Movie Manga!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.