Sunday, December 22, 2019

Cosplay: Chibi Daisuki! Japan Fest 2019

Me: OK, as I've promised, this is the big day. This convention's always big, even if it's got the "little" (chibi) tag on it.

Ash: Yeah! And I've got my Kalos outfit, just like the preview.

Pikachu: Pika chu! [enthusiastic]

Me: This is the convention that one month ago I said is going to be held in the same place as that one. And... did this improve on that?

Ash: Yeah, I guess! It looks a bit more open. Even some of the outside was taken up for it. It might be a problem if a person wasn't interested, but maybe the person will pay anyway to get in - especially to get out of the weather, which was hot in the morning and rainy later on.

Me: What about the inside?

Ash: It looks a lot like last time, but there's a little bit less, so that's why it's open. But when it gets busy, it gets real tight.

Me: Well, OK, so there's at least a little bit of improvement. I think the problem is just that there are too many people in a not-so-large hall.

Pikachu: Pi ka! Pika pika! [confounded]

Ash: Pikachu can't seem to believe it all. You might be right. Oh yeah, some of the stands have a few of my character friends, and maybe a few of yours too. They sell their own goodies. Can I sell goodies?

Me: I've actually been meaning to get you to do that, but I need to think up of the concept. I still would like to get you rolling.

Ash: Yeah! I want to. The rest of the stands look pretty much the same like last time, but I guess there's still something to enjoy.

Me: Enjoy it. It's their stands, and they need some support. Now, I sent you here for the character parade, which is the little big thing. How was it?

Ash: Five out of 35 or one in seven seems pretty good, but I didn't win. I saw lots of really nice characters that I thought would win but didn't.

Me: That seems to be the "lottery effect" happening.

Pikachu: Pika pika chu. ["Seems so."]

Me: We'll have to see what happens next time. All right, what was the entertainment like there?

Ash: There were a couple of dance groups and a few bands, and two of the bands we know about. There was also a vocal group and a DJ. But none had something special today.

Me: Hmm, I guess they were just being themselves today. That's OK. By the way, I sent a different character here last year, and he reported a lot about my figure group. They're not around this year, huh?

Ash: No, and I only saw one person from your group, and not even with Pokémon figures.

Pikachu: Pika. ["Hum."]

Ash: And you say, this is a "little" convention, right? I don't think this is quite "a little" - it's more like "a lot", even if the place is "a little".

Me: That's the impression I got from last year. You know, I think no matter how they do things, they will always seem big. This year and every year.

Ash: You said it!

Pikachu: Pika! ["Yes!"]

One year ago: A Pikachu Hand Puppet
Two years ago: I Claimed My Team

2 comments:

  1. Did you met Marnie yesterday? Judging from the tone of your post, it seems like you didn't.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I guess we missed each other. Gosh, I hope we can, some other time.

      Delete

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.