Thursday, January 6, 2022

Pokémon Asia Bulbasaur Mug

In order to obtain two of the other cards that I displayed yesterday, I noted that I had to obtain a piece of Pokémon merchandise, and now is the time to discuss about that. It is also currently the most accessible and general-purpose merchandise item for that purpose, also as part of the local campaign along with other items. That merchandise item would be a mug featuring a very well-known "first" Pokémon species, which would be Bulbasaur.


The mug is packaged in an artistically appropriate box, which complements the Grass type of the Pokémon and contains a holographic sticker to certify authenticity. Meanwhile, the mug itself is rather unique: it features the image of the Pokémon, the logo, and appropriate disclaimers, all on a pale lime green background. This mug also has a tapered, conical shape, unlike most mugs that are (relatively) straight. It may be considered to be as unique as the theme of the mug itself.

Notably, the mug itself is officially licensed merchandise, thanks to the presence of the holographic sticker - though only for Asia, as is clearly written on the sticker. The design of the mug is rather simplistic, but that seems to be fine for the people who buy this piece of merchandise, who may not need more elaborate merchandise than something like this. I am pleased to use the mug as it is intended, though I might have to handle the mug rather delicately to maintain it.

Regardless, it is thanks to this mug that I'm also able to obtain two out of the three promotional cards that I displayed the other day. The situation is on the whole still a win-win: I get the cards to support gameplay of different kinds, and I also get a vessel that looks nice and functions just as nicely. I'm sure that my fellow Pokémon fans can appreciate that, if and when they decide to go for this item.

One year ago: No Scans for You
Two years ago: Pokémon Statues
Five years ago: A 3DS Story

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.