Monday, January 17, 2022

Unique Touches

It's evident by the posts from previous years below that today is my birthday. In effect, yesterday's Community Day post was both a hint and a prelude to this day, for two years in a row. One year is already unique enough, but two years consecutively is hard to happen, and yet it does. It may even be considered to be unique, and that, along with other unique things that take place on this particular day has given me inspiration about what that could mean for me (and others) as a Pokémon fan.

Even with more fans than ever today, I would still consider liking Pokémon as a unique thing for any one of its fans, including yours truly. A person doesn't have to like every aspect of Pokémon, but even with that being the case, it's still quite possible to talk to different fans of different aspects and still gain an understanding from their points of view about what they like. That's what I've attempted to do with all my friends who like the main series, anime, Pokémon Go, and so on and so forth. Any and all of them may offer unique views on Pokémon, and we can then compare our views. The results might just be fitting to discuss on this blog or anywhere else.

In the same way, Pokémon itself can be regarded as unique. It's a high-valued franchise that's only been around for a quarter century, and its beginnings might come as a surprise to anyone not fully familiar with it. While it does have "standard" fans of various characteristics, it also has fans who are extraordinary and thus unique for their skills, achievements, collections, and other things. When they get together, the results can be unique as well, and that's something I always love to see happen.

And that could be what happened today. I went out for a movie along with two friends, one of whom used to play Pokémon Go a lot but now plays Unite more, and the other whom I had introduced to Unite and "commissioned" for Pokémon cosplay in the past, both of whom I have mentioned on this blog at least once. It was also the first time the two of them met, and we discovered fascinating and unique connections about us with each other. But they also really hit things off while playing Pokémon Unite, being able to win a Ranked match together while I struggled even with them in Standard matches. In all, it does seem very unique for Pokémon affairs and beyond.

After nearly three and a half decades of life, I've found Pokémon over its two and a half decades to be a unique part of my life as it is for others. Each time I discover something unique, as with my friends interacting today, I know that I can make my unique strides (and touches) with Pokémon as well - if I haven't already. That and those of others will keep the (Pokémon) world brimming with uniqueness.

Happy birthday to me, and may we find all that is unique about Pokémon.

One year ago: Wishes for Good Days
Two years ago: Always Together
Three years ago: Wonderful Opportunities
Five years ago: A Pokémon Party?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.