Friday, January 14, 2022

Pokémon Asia Pikachu Mug + 2 Promo Cards

Earlier a week ago, I detailed the merchandise item - a mug - that would let me obtain some nifty promotional TCG cards. What I had neglected to mention is that there are actually two of these mugs, and this one has the de facto series mascot on it, which would be rather expected. Likewise, I had to obtain it not just to add to my collection but also to make a small review of it for the purpose of this blog.


This mug, of course, features Pikachu as (one of) the most representative Pokémon there is. Like the Bulbasaur mug, this one is also tapered, but unlike that one, the taper on this one is more conventional and less angled, taking up a slightly smaller space. Its graphical content is likewise similar, though with Pikachu instead of Bulbasaur and a cream yellow background. Even the price is the same, but it is certain that with Pikachu, the appeal will be slightly different. Those who get it should also be glad to have gotten a piece of official merchandise, and I'm likewise privileged to obtain and be able to use the mug.

As with the other mug, I also had the privilege of obtaining promotional cards, though I opted for two silver packages because I evidently already have a blue package, someone else might want the blue package instead, and... the particular store I got this from was (apparently) out of the blue package anyhow. Regardless, I feel rather blessed to get what I got in the silver packages, as they held a Dialga and Inkay. The former of these has partial holographic print, which makes it extremely special. I may or may not use them in TCG matches, but I'm sure they are neat just the same either way.

With both mugs in my possession, as well as an assortment of promotional cards, I've already obtained a veritable portion of the merchandise offered by the campaign. Happily, the items I've obtained are of suitably good quality as well and serve to enhance their intended functions in addition to supporting them. That has to be a good indicator for the campaign, especially for the rest of its time.

Two years ago: Fusion without Confusion
Three years ago: Pokémon Theme Park Ideas
Four years ago: Playing the Meta Game

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.