Friday, July 15, 2022

My Nintendo Rewards - Pokémon Wallpapers

In order to prepare for a Pokémon future that involves the present efforts of Nintendo, I have a Nintendo Account for that, moreover for the purpose of coordinating linkages between Pokémon Go and Pokémon Home, and then the Pokémon games to come on the Nintendo Switch. One of the perks that arise from that is that I also earn points on My Nintendo, which can be (and should be, whenever possible) exchanged for rewards. Some of those rewards happen to be for nifty Pokémon items, some of which are in the form of wallpapers for PC and phone alike. I've exchanged my points for three of them, and they're all nifty in many ways.

The wallpapers come in a variety of aspect ratios and sizes, in both portrait (vertical) and landscape (horizontal) orientations. While one would be tempted to download ones that are just right for one's devices, I also recommend picking the largest ones for that particular purpose, as it would only be a matter of rescaling them afterwards; needless to say, that would mean getting both the PC and phone versions. A few of these have limited exchange periods even as of now, so I suggest exchanging for them this moment for peace of mind later on. Even with those details, it's still important to appreciate them any which way.

For that, I picked two wallpapers related to Pokémon Legends: Arceus. One of them, which is titled plainly, is essentially the art of its box cover, only extended for wallpaper purposes and scaled accordingly; it's still very nice to look at and preserve in a high resolution, which is why I chose to exchange for it. The other, "Map and Partner", is actually composed of two separate wallpapers, a woodcut-style illustration of the Hisui region for PC and illustrations of the starter partners for phones. The concept is still one of "unity" even though the image concepts are disparate, and this applies equally well to the other.

Beyond the new game for an "old" region, there are the old games that are renewed, and that would be the fourth-generation remakes. Three wallpapers feature this game, and I chose the "Amity Square" wallpaper. It's the one I consider the most aesthetically pleasing of the three, as it is just plainly bright and not too busy, with the main characters present in said location in the game in a somewhat relaxed setting; it's essentially the one I would get if I were limited to pick just one. Still, I'd get the other two if I could, but that would have to wait for a follow-up to this post with more My Nintendo rewards.

At My Nintendo, the selection of rewards is bewildering for their general fans specifically, but at the least Pokémon gets some love in the form of specific reward exchanges, which in the above case would be for wallpapers that are visual treats for its most dedicated fans. Based on the content of the wallpapers above, My Nintendo definitely shouldn't be counted out in regard to its usefulness for Pokémon. I thoroughly enjoy the selections of what's available and what I've been able obtain now, and that's as I continue to utilize my Nintendo Account for its real purpose of tying up Pokémon things together.

Two years ago: More on Remote Raids
Three years ago: The Switch Lite
Four years ago: Mew @ Everywhere

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.