Friday, February 1, 2019

Wrap the Light Fantastic

The many poignant moments in the Pokémon movies (feature films) have equally powerfully poignant music to go with them. Some time ago, I discussed one of them from the very first one, and now I'd like to discuss another. This time, it comes from the fourth movie, which English-speaking fans might know as Pokémon 4Ever. The title of the piece is "Wrapped Up In Light", and thus the title of this post is a play on that.

This instrumental piece is played during one moment of the encounter with Celebi, involving both Ash and Sam (the young Professor Oak). It becomes something wondrous for the two of them. As the title of the piece suggests, light is involved in the scene for that moment, and lots of it. Words don't do justice to the part where this piece plays; thereby, I recommend watching the movie and taking in the scene that is complemented by this piece.

I personally consider the piece, being instrumental-orchestral, as evocative of a feeling of "renewal". It starts off quiet with only the vocalization, but then the orchestral backing grows and grows until the climax at the end. With that, the piece is quite uplifting and serves well for anyone who is feeling down, to be able to feel better. That's certainly one sense of "renewal", and other people might have their own. For example, sometimes I think about this piece when I need to refresh my mind... and I did think about it prior to writing up this post.

And perhaps, that is just what I need to do right now. As I've stated in yesterday's post, I've gone beyond the 25-month mark into a new territory with this blog. I'm sure Pokémon opportunities still await for me, but I need to sense them. I suppose in that regard it's only fitting that I thought up of this piece: I'd need to seek the light, bathe (wrap myself) in it, and uplift myself to new heights. That's a powerful enough interpretation, perhaps as powerful as this particular piece of Pokémon music.

One year ago: The Workings of Raids
Two years ago: Poké Ball Food

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.