Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Pokémon Day 2019 - 23rd Anniversary

Likewise, February 27 is a wonderful day. It is the day Pokémon formally came unto this world with the first pair of games released in Japan. It's a day that is dubbed as Pokémon Day among its fans, especially me. And if you've been paying attention to my posts on this blog (or just know things about me), it's one day after my cosplay anniversary. Some might think that it's coincidental that it is so. Personally, it might not be coincidental at all - and that seems to be something interesting to discuss.

Over the years I've enjoyed Pokémon, it's something that I always come back to. Part of it is my will, sure, but part of it is also seemingly by suggestion. Every so often I see something related to Pokémon (that I didn't intend to see), which becomes the initiative for coming back to it, and for the most part, that initiative becomes rather appropriate. This might be thought of as a coincidence, but on another level, it might be considered "ordered", divine or otherwise. And then there is the matter of the two anniversaries as above. If this weren't me and it was some other Pokémon fan, I'd consider it ordered too, and maybe we'd agree that it's not coincidental.

It's no coincidence too that today Go decided to have fun with some first-generation Pokémon. They're in raids and in the wild, and some of them are even made special. Pidgey and Rattata get their Shiny forms today, which is remarkable. But then Pikachu and Eevee get a form with a different accessory: a flower crown, rather than a hat like last year. It's different, but I suppose it's wonderfully appropriate, and a good number of players welcome it too. It really is something to revel in.

And... there is also something really, really important related to Pokémon on this day too. The details are better reserved for its own post, but I can give some preview of it right now. It might have something to do with items of combat... and a new land... and some new ways to start. Naturally, the scheduling is precisely timed, for Pokémon Day this year - though all the fun will certainly come later this year, and with the right equipment. I'm sure this too is hardly a coincidence.

Given all the reactions to the above, it may be that I and many other fans share the same sentiments. Pokémon is a whole lot of fun in many ways, and on some level, its things are just meant to happen. We can hardly blame anyone that they did happen, and when they do, they just fit in. That should bode well for continuance with the series and expecting more things that fit. And that too is likely not coincidental either.

Happy 23rd anniversary.

One year ago: Pokémon Day 2018 - 22nd Anniversary
Two years ago: Pokémon Day 2017 - 21st Anniversary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.