Friday, February 15, 2019

Local EX Raid (and Quick Connections), 2/15/2019

On any given day, I have a given number of things to do, Pokémon or otherwise. On this given day, I had an EX Raid scheduled in Pokémon Go. The objective was still Deoxys in its Attack Form, and things hadn't changed much. Actually, I got this EX Raid by way of a quick return to the EX Raid Gym on one day I was playing; that was quite a stretch and seemed foretelling of what had happened this day.

Though the EX Raid was scheduled for 1 PM, there were a few things that I had to take care of before that. Compared to the EX Raid, they were unscheduled beforehand and rather impromptu. As a result, I had to travel quickly to get to the EX Raid Gym. During that travel, there seemed to be a quickly passing storm overhead; I went through one part where it rained heavily and another part where it didn't rain at all, which includes the EX Raid Gym. It was a struggle that really turned out to be quick and not protracted.

Once I was at the location, it was a matter of time before quite a few of those who obtained the EX Raid also came. Due to the indication of other quickly passing storms that might be in the area, many of us decided to go through the EX Raid quickly, including me. We were all informed that Deoxys was supposed to be more resilient and not as easy (or quick) to take down, but even so, that didn't seem to be the case. It was also fortunate that the capture went smoothly and quickly. After quickly observing a second group of raid participants, we quickly parted and went our separate ways.

Deoxys @ Park.
The "quick" shot that I should have taken ages ago.

After a brief and quick errand, I met a friend who gladly took me where I could do some other Pokémon Go business. The intent was to spend the rest of the afternoon on Go business, but I was instead prompted to quickly return to where I live and quickly take care of other things. It turned out to be a rather quick Go business after all as well, but I at least got something out of it. Later on, this was quickly made up by a quick meeting and SwitchCon with a raid fellow; it was just as impressive as it was quick.

"Quick" seems to be the absolute descriptor for today's EX Raid, as well as many things that surrounded it. It was still one of many things I had to do today. The fact that everything went quick, quick, quick may perhaps be a bit bewildering, but I suppose that's just fine. Now it's time to quickly move on to the next day's agenda of Pokémon things and everything else.

One year ago: A Break in the Action
Two years ago: Pocket Monsters Best Wishes Partners Figure - Satoshi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.