Sunday, February 10, 2019

Cosplay: Tresno no Matsuri

Ash: ...Wait, another theme event?

Me: Yeah. As strange as it seems, I had heard about this one for longer, so I had also intended to send you here as well. It just so happened that the one on the other day worked out, and worked out well, might I say.

Ash: Well, I'm ready to go, and so is Pikachu.

Pikachu: Pika! [showing energy]

Ash: By the way, what's the deal with the title?

Me: The title means "festival of love". The first word means "love" in a local language, and the rest is in Japanese. Because of that, the event can be said to be a fusion of local and Japanese elements. I hope you're OK with that.

Ash: Sure! I enjoy some local things wherever I go when I travel, so this should be fun.

Pikachu: Pi! Pika! [admiring]

Ash: Pikachu seems to like it. That's great.

Me: All right. What's it like over there?

Ash: Well, it seems normal. There are food stands and goodies stands as usual, and the entertainment is good too. But then they had some local performers and decorations, so it's just like you said. There's love in the air.

Me: And there's a character competition too, right?

Ash: Right! There's a character parade, the one you heard about and wanted to set me up for, and I did get in.

Me: Do you notice something special about the outfit I sent you with?

Ash: It's my Kanto outfit. But there's something... different, about it?

Me: Right you are. I recently received new parts of the outfit, which seems really good, so I wanted you to try it. And of course, I have to ask. How was it?

Ash: I think it's great! I like this one a lot. Whoever made it should get some praise. But I didn't win, though. There was a good chance, but I didn't. One of the characters I know who I thought would win didn't win either.

Me: Shucks. It means it wasn't up to us. We'll try next time.

Ash: Sure. This is only the first time you sent me with this one. There will be other times, right?

Me: Certainly! I'm already looking forward. Now, the place of the event should be familiar. Do you remember which events were held there?

Ash: Oh! There was that ACC event last year, and then there's the community event too. And two years ago there was that comic market one.

Me: That's good. I'm sure the people who own the place are open to this kind of thing, which means we'll keep seeing events like this here.

Ash: You must be right. I enjoy it. This event was great, but I wish it hadn't rained and things had been on time. The character parade was delayed twice and I think it got to everyone.

Pikachu: Pi! Pika pika pi! [strongly agreeing]

Me: Yeah, that seems to happen often, especially now and because the event is open-air, even though the place is covered.

Ash: I guess so.

Me: It's still actually kind of rare that there are two events like this in two days, especially one that is close with one that is far. Usually the latter happens on the second day and the former happens first. That's why I said it's wild.

Ash: You can say that again. Pikachu is a little tired, but Pikachu seems to like it.

Pikachu: Pikaaaa... [drawn out, slightly tired]

Me: All right. Now it's really time for a good rest. More stuff awaits us tomorrow, Pokémon or otherwise.

One year ago: Hoenn (Fully) Confirmed on Go
Two years ago: Space

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.