Monday, February 18, 2019

Mewtwo @ Everywhere

Frequent readers of this blog might have seen the Mew @ Everywhere post from July of last year. That post concerns a project, which involves taking pictures of Mew in various places after completing its Special Research and before it was captured. Now I present a variation of that project, this time with its bigger cousin Mewtwo. This is something I should've presented a few months ago during (or actually after) the Pokémon was a Level 5 raid boss, but it's "better late than never" as they say, and I already had the project planned out anyway.

Capturing Mewtwo in pictures is more complex and finicky than doing so for Mew. Mew results from a Special Research, so I can keep it not captured indefinitely until it's time, allowing many pictures to be taken in many places. That is not the case with Mewtwo, which was initially only limited to EX Raids before appearing in regular raids. And because it is so, the only time I can take pictures of it is during the capture challenge after a victory, and in locations not too distant from the Gym of the raid; there may also be a time pressure (especially when multiple raids are involved) as well as the risk of letting Mewtwo flee, whether intentional or not. Despite these restrictions, this can still be completed.

Even so, I've come up with fairly less pictures for Mewtwo than I did with Mew, mostly due to those restrictions. I obtained 10 different shots of Mewtwo, and as a bonus, I've included 3 "action shots", which show Mewtwo mid-way through its movements during the capture challenge. All of them of course show the environments of the particular raids that I and my raid fellows took on.

One of the Gyms that I raided Mewtwo in is situated near a really big tree, and it becomes interesting to compare its stature against that of the tree.


Another Gym is right next to a lawn of sorts, and it becomes a perfectly situated place to show off Mewtwo.


And then there's a Gym that represents a locally towering structure, which also makes a fine backdrop for Mewtwo.


During the process of taking a picture for the last one, I also took a shot in action, and I have to say I couldn't plan this out better myself.


The rest of the shots can be seen in a gallery that I've hosted on my OneDrive. Now, there's been word that Pokémon Go will soon have a feature that makes taking pictures even more convenient and even more exciting, but I'll discuss it later, when the feature is live and when the time is right. The pictures on this post are obviously taken before the onset of this feature, but that's fine. When that feature comes along, there may be other special things as well.

Regardless, projects like this one and the Mew one will continue in the future with other Pokémon that deserve to have a treatment in a photographic manner. That new feature I've hinted above will likely be useful in this regard, as is doing it traditionally during capture. Either way, I should be able to come up with fine shots of Pokémon in different places, as I have done for Mew and Mewtwo.

One year ago: Cosplay: CHoCoDays x CLAS:H/ICGP Regionals 2018
Two years ago: Pokémon Art on Walls

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.