Tuesday, February 12, 2019

A Pikachu Pillow Keychain

In the world of merchandise, especially Pokémon ones, there are pillows, and there are keychains. I've detailed a few of both types of merchandise on some posts on this blog. And now I'd like to detail about a "pillow keychain". Wait, what? It's exactly what it is: a small pillow attached to a ring that can act like a keychain. And I have to say that it's quite remarkable.


The front of the pillow has a Pikachu image - which seems all too familiar - printed on white fabric. The back of the pillow has just a simple black-and-white striped fabric. In order for the pillow to hang, a loop is attached to the top of the pillow, which then connects to the ring of the keychain. The pillow itself is rather firm, perhaps more so than a regular pillow; but it has to be, because it has less of a "pillow" element and more of a "keychain" element, and therefore has to be sturdy enough as either.

This pillow keychain also came from the theme event on Sunday, from a merchandise stand. What's more, this is not the only pillow keychain. There were three other pillow keychains for Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle, the starters of the first generation. And in fact, all of these, including Pikachu, were available as actual pillows in a larger size. However, since I was limited on what I could get, and furthermore the pillows were six times more expensive than the pillow keychains, I decided on this one as a representative of all these. Should they ever return to my sights, I may decide to get them.

All Pokémon merchandise are fantastic, at least in my view, no matter what kind they are. To see two kinds of merchandise combined in this manner is doubly fantastic and quite unique. In particular for this specific piece of merchandise, the essences of neither are lost, and both complement each other. That's a remarkable thing indeed, and it makes me highly expectant of future Pokémon merchandise fusions.

One year ago: Anywhere Is
Two years ago: My Essential Pokémon Cosplay Equipment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.