Wednesday, December 8, 2021

My Current Pokémon Unite Role Preferences

As with other MOBA games, Pokémon Unite allows players to have a "main", the most frequently used character - here, Pokémon. It's something I've noted in a post I made about "loyalty" about a month ago. I won't dispute that; after all, I did mention mine in the same post. At the same time, I also prefer to think that presently I have several "mains" rather than just one, and they can be neatly divided according to (or rather, based on) each of the five roles that are assigned to each Pokémon in Pokémon Unite. It seems it would be helpful to share my insights about each of them for those who are considering them to be played.

All-Rounder. As suggested in the previous post, my main for this role is Charizard. Charizard just works in shooting out flames everywhere, including as fields to damage opposing Pokémon. Its Unite Move is rather extreme, though using it leaves me with only the basic attack usable. Regardless, Charizard is greatly usable, and I also have some personal connections with it - as the first starter I ever chose - and I'm proud and capable of using it even in Unite.

Attacker. This is a role that I don't deal with too much, given that I have the above. However, if I am to be challenged with this role, whether in and out of the game, then I'd pick Cinderace as my main. I've seen how powerful it can be in battle (and felt targeted on more than one occasion for picking it) and I enjoy playing it. It still takes more than a little practice, but in such challenging situations, I don't mind.

Defender. Of all the roles, this is my main role, and as previously noted, I use Mamoswine. I used to have Slowbro as my main, but I would still pick it if Mamoswine is taken and I'm challenged. I enjoy dropping Icicle Crash on others as well as stomping on others with its Unite Move. It might be a little finicky at times to work with, especially if I haven't gotten there from Swinub, but it is quite rewarding most of the time that I have used it, especially thanks to a friend's recommendation.

Speedster. Like Attacker, I don't deal with this role too much, particularly since some of the action in Unite can be rather fast and I don't need to make myself faster with usage of this role. I've gotten Zeraora from the event quest and I'm glad to use it, especially with recent challenges. Since it doesn't evolve, I can focus on leveling, gaining skills, and making quick work of opponents - and above all, to score, a flexibility that Pokémon of this role are intended to have.

Supporter. I must admit that I actually have no Unite Licenses for Pokémon of this role, but I've dealt with one significantly: Wigglytuff. As a popular meme establishes, it's rather versatile, and I've experienced its versatility, having had to be challenged in using it. Once I sense that the time is right, I will obtain the Unite License outright and make this the first one I have for this role as well as the main for it.

I still find the "mains" concept to be highly appropriate and necessary for Unite and beyond, but I also see that I'm also entitled to have different "mains" when different roles demand me to use them. Perhaps what's even more "main" is being able to use whichever preferred Pokémon for Unite (even now) and take my and others' "mains" straight to victory.

One year ago: Popular Poké-Shipping
Four years ago: (Un)finished Business

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.