Friday, December 10, 2021

Chiki Balls Pokémon Coins: Selections Once Again

After over a month of not gathering them, I've had the chance to gather a few more of the Pokémon coins that became all the rage starting a few months ago. My collection went from a few, to a few more, and then a whole lot more. This time, it's back to just a few more entering my collection, but I consider the few that I got to be a fascinating selection in different ways.


The latest additions to my collection are Bewear, Tapu Bulu, Eevee, and Arceus. These were gotten from two packages with no duplicates, which at this point can be considered lucky, since the possibility of duplicates increases as more and more are added. What is neat is that I got the former and latter two as sets in the same packages, which meant that I got a Normal-type set in one and a Gen 7 set in the other, both being thematic sets in a way.

With Tapu Bulu, it means now I have all the Island Guardians of Alola except one (Tapu Koko), and that one may become the hardest to find now, even if I were to obtain another package. Meanwhile, a very different friend told me that one of the coins that friend had obtained initially was Arceus, and now with Arceus being in my possession, we can identify with each other. These are further themes that I'm also happy to identify with the new additions.

Last time, I had a coin with a defect, in the form of an Altaria with scratches; this time, I have another. The Bewear coin is missing the large notch that allows coins to be inserted in different angles, making it possible to create large structures with a variety of angles. This time, the defect is slightly functional, but since I'm not making use of the coins for building structures, I'm not too concerned - and like last time, it may be worth something.

It may not be certain for how long these coins would still be available, but the fact that they're still available to collect now is at least satisfying. What might be more satisfying is to bump up my collection before what's available is gone for good - at least in the wild. In my collection, they should provide satisfaction and fascination like the above for as long as possible.

Four years ago: Cosplay: Utsuru F!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.