Monday, May 23, 2022

Pokémon Go Community Day Goodies

The Community Day edition for this month seems extra special, and one doesn't have to wonder why, looking at the picture in that post. A good number of people came to meet up and have fun together, and it was supported in the background by Niantic themselves. As part of that, the earliest attendees - one of which was me - got to receive a number of goodies or merchandise to commemorate the occasion. While the occasion is still fresh in my mind, I'd also like to take a post to write about those goodies that I've received.


The biggest one of these goodies is the poster in the back. It has the featured Pokémon for this month, Alolan Geodude, in the stylistic manner of official Community Day graphics along with the appropriate disclaimers on the bottom. It's a bit large, with a size of 24 cm by 42 cm; most attendees carried a small bag or even nothing else, so they had to roll or fold it if possible (which is a little too precious) else hold on to it the entire time to keep it while going through the event - which I did, almost losing it. There was also notably an overstock of posters, so along with the other goodies that each attendee received one of, they received two posters; of course, they could elect to give one of the posters to a later attendee, just like how one could gift the paid Special Research, though one may or may not be able to find someone to give one to. It's still a good and unique poster, one that encapsulates much of the spirit of the event.

Going down in size, the next one of these goodies is the postcard on the lower left. Actually, it's not so much a postcard as it is a promotional card, as on the opposite side is a special one-time offer code for one person along with instructions and notes for redeeming the code for the game. I've already redeemed my code within moments of receiving it two days ago, and it contained a few useful items for Community Day, whether it's this one or the next, but in good form, I still withhold showing the code. Of course, once the code is used, one could conceivably use it as a postcard and get another use out of it, though I still prefer showing it off the way it is.

On the lower right is the smallest and the last item I have. It is supposed to be a hook that one can attach to one's phone (or more likely its casing); to be more precise, one adheres it by removing the cover on the adhesive back and placing it where it is to be placed. I don't place it on my phone, because my casing doesn't allow it to be placed comfortably, and I prefer to keep my phone neat anyway; if I were to attach it, it would have to wait for another phone or casing, or both. For now, it also remains as a commemorative display item.

The support and blessings from Niantic that have been given to the local Community Day meetup in my area has been quite fruitful. It has drawn Trainers out of their woodworks after what seems like a long time, and the goodies that were distributed for the most recent edition of this month could be described as an extra incentive... possibly for extra gatherings in the editions of the months to come. Although minimalistic, they do have ways in spurring maximal effort to make this occasion as great as it can be.

Five years ago: Becoming a Connoisseur

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.