Monday, June 10, 2024

Pokémon Go Community Day, 6/9/2024

Me: Well, of course the regular special task is (was) Community Day.

Goh: That answers a lot of questions.

Ash: I had my Kalos outfit, so it was for this, right?

Me: Right you are. That's because yesterday's featured Pokémon was Goomy from this very region.

Ash: I had a Goodra when I traveled in Kalos, so now you get to have one too.

Pikachu: Pika. ["Neat."]

Me: Precisely. Goomy evolves to Sliggoo, then to Goodra. But the special move this time for the last one was different: Thunder Punch.

Goh: It's an Electric type move, but Goodra is of the Dragon and Water types.

Me: Indeed, so it must be really for "coverage". Still, it's exclusive, so it's better to have an exemplar rather than not.

Goh: What was the main bonus?

Ash: I think it was tripled Stardust.

Me: Indeed it was, so some Star Pieces might have been in order.

Ash: I did use a few of yours, so I got quite a bit more Stardust for you.

Me: Nice! Thanks.

Goh: By the way, how did you evolve Sliggoo to Goodra? I read that you need it to be raining.

Ash: It was raining a bit both in and out, but I needed a Rainy Lure Module to be certain - and I got one while others activated a couple.

Me: Sure thing. You got that one from a timed task, which is usually present if anything to be evolved needs (or may need) an item, like Sliggoo does.

Goh: That's a pretty good forethought.

Ash: And it works for us!

Me: Certainly. Then we also (should have) had the rest of the regular bonuses.

Ash: Yeah! Double catch Candy and Candy XL chance was there.

Goh: I'm sure you had extended Lure Modules and Incense to make things happen.

Ash: Sure did! I traded with a friend for less Stardust and had the extra Special Trade.

Goh: Did you take pictures and raid for Sliggoo to find more Goomy?

Ash: Not many, but that was fine. I didn't get the bundles either, but they were there.

Goh: You also should have had field tasks and the special tasks with Professor Willow.

Ash: Yup - I got the special tasks by a code from our friend's friends. I saw showcases but I didn't put anything in them.

Goh: And the stickers?

Ash: We already had a lot of them!

Me: That part was me - I opened a lot of Gifts before today, so we really did get a lot.

Goh: OK, so I think we covered them all. How was yesterday actually?

Ash: I got to walk with a few of our friend's friends - some also from the last time. There was a lot of Goomy around and I tried to catch as many of them as I could.

Pikachu: Pi pi pika chu! ["Goomy everywhere!"]

Me: I trust that you did. Sometimes it can be a tough task, even for me.

Ash: I know! Sometimes it also fled.

Goh: Yeah, that's tough all right. How about some Shiny Goomy?

Ash: Just four, and they all could have been better.

Me: Sorry about that. When we're as good as we are, sometimes they may not come as often.

Goh: Evolving to Goodra must have had some tough decisions.

Ash: Actually, our friend had just the right ones outside of the Shiny ones, so that wasn't too hard. And I got them all evolved.

Me: Thanks. I might beg a friend or two for a Lucky Trade with a Shiny one. 

Goh: I suppose... nothing from the giveaways?

Ash: Nope, sorry. Just like last time.

Goh: Any special raids?

Ash: A Shadow Wobbuffet and a Shadow Raikou this time - and I caught both.

Goh: Very neat!

Ash: The group photo was just fine, though.


Me: Sure. This is OK by me.

Goh: Also, you didn't get wet, did you?

Ash: Maybe a little from water from the trees, but of course not from the Goomy.

Pikachu: Pi pika. ["I wonder."]

Me: Haha, yes! I found that the species family could be really wet if it lets it be.

Ash: I found that out from Professor Willow too.

Me: So, while you couldn't "slip and slide" in yesterday's festival, this one made up for that a bit.

Ash: I guess I did!

Goh: It's just another way of "getting our feet wet".

Me: There you go. Hopefully not with Goomy goo, but there will always be some kind of "water" from any experience.

Two years ago: Bots in Pokémon Unite

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.