Saturday, August 24, 2024

Cosplay: Community Alliance Gathering 3

Me: So, while things are up and down for me, let's have Ash deal with this one.

Ash: Oh, this one again!

Me: Yeah, this one again.

Goh: Well, then it'll be the same wheel and deal like last time, right?

Me: Well, sure - but I'm sure there are still some differences, which we'll deal with later on. Oh, but there are others we can discuss now.

Ash: I'm performing today! 

Pikachu: Pi pika! ["That's nice!"]

Me: Yup, that's one difference. You're up for two songs - and just for a change, I've sent you with your Sinnoh outfit. It's a little different from what's advertised, but I think people will understand.

Goh: What did our friend give you to perform?

Ash: An idol song! It's about cookies and love...

Me: Which I've already explained, so you get to perform this, finally.

Goh: And the other?

Ash: "Mezase Pokémon Master"!

Goh: The standard.

Me: And it's a "back to basics" approach for both of us after a few songs that only touch on stuff about Pokémon.

Ash: I was the first one up to perform too.

Goh: Oh! That must have made you nervous.

Ash: A little, but I got over it. And I sang quite well too.

Me: Very good. Lessons to be learned for the next competition.

Pikachu: Pika chu. ["Keep in mind."]

Goh: So, after the performances, there were games....

Ash: Yup.

Goh: ...and a character parade.

Ash: Yup.

Goh: How'd that one go?

Ash: There were just 10 characters - and I was one of them. And... everyone won something - I did too!

Me: That's rare. There had to be favorite picks in addition to best picks.

Ash: Sure! I got a judge favorite pick - with a medal too. The communities also picked winners.

Goh: How many communities showed up, by the way?

Ash: Just five this time.

Goh: That's less than last time.

Me: Well, it's hard to expect everyone to always be there, so this is fine. Anything else we should know about?

Ash: A couple of merchandise booths set up shop, but I didn't think they got many buyers - and the gathering had few people too.

Goh: The fewest, would you say?

Ash: You know, I guess you can say that.

Me: I think I know: it's because it's "parade season".

Ash: Hey, I saw one on the way blocking the road!

Me: See, that can block people from going places, so we know at least one reason.

Pikachu: Pika pika chu. ["Figures."]

Goh: Our friend said things were up and down for him - I guess that also applied to this gathering.

Ash: I guess you're right!

Me: Sometimes we're high, sometimes we're low, and sometimes we're in the same places - like today.

Ash, Goh: Good one!!

Two years ago: The Fighting Cup of GBL

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.