Sunday, August 4, 2024

Cosplay: (Program) Japanese Culture

Me: Hot on the heels of last week, there is another one this week.

Ash: Hey, I guess things are picking up!

Goh: So they are.

Pikachu: Pika pika. ["Indeed."]

Goh: This looks new, though.

Me: I sensed that as well. I'm told it's a café wanting to do something different. 

Goh: So they had this, um... festival (?) to bring in people.

Me: As usual - and sure, let's call it a festival.

Goh: I can see why - I took a look at the place on the map and it's kind of far off.

Ash: Hmm, but I didn't have trouble getting there.

Me: No, and it was even practical for me to help you with that.

Goh: How were things over there?

Ash: Well, it was "hot" in the day, but they didn't seem so "hot" when they started.

Goh: Oh, they didn't start in time? 

Ash: No, they were a couple of hours late - and they had a few tech problems too all day.

Me: That's regrettable. Oh, by the way, I sent you with your Sinnoh outfit for a change today. 

Ash: I realize that. It's something different from the past few times you send me to places.

Me: But then our objectives don't really change all that much. One part of that is for the usual competitions.

Goh: Like... a singing competition? 

Ash: Yeah! Our friend told me to sign up.

Goh: And you got in. 

Ash: Sure. I got in just today.

Me: If I'd caught wind of this earlier, I'd have prepared you with something else, but at least you've got...

Ash: ...the idol song! 

Pikachu: Pika~ pika pika chu~ [imitating the song title]

Goh: I see, it's the second competitive attempt after that first one.

Me: Of course. It's to find out how we'd do with it. And...

Ash: It was just like the first one. But the people watching seemed to have fun a little more.

Me: Hmm. You know, I get the feeling that even with it being "next to" Pokémon, it's not going to help our cause much in these competitions.

Goh: You might want to set it aside for the next one. 

Me: That might absolutely be the approach, I think.

Ash: Oh, there was also a character parade too. Can I get in?

Me: Well, actually, I was thinking of having you only in the singing competition today, but...

Ash: Someone wanted to see me in action since the person missed me.

Me: Oh, all right, fine. You can take part.

Goh: And how'd you do with that one?

Ash: I think we did good.

Pikachu: Pi pika chu. ["Just great."]

Goh: By the way, how many participants were there for each one - including you?

Ash: 24 for the singing, 11 for the character parade.

Me: Huh. That's strange - the character parade didn't have that many.

Goh: Usually it would be brimming.

Ash: But last week was like that too at the place where I went - just 7.

Me: Oh, right, I forgot to ask you about that.

Goh: Also, this was the only happening in town, right?

Me: Positive. I can't speak much if there are any outside of town.

Goh: Well, I guess that leads out to the results. How did all this end up?

Ash: No win even with all the prizes for each.

Goh: Really? How many were there?

Ash: Six for each - three favorite and three top.

Me: I guess things didn't work out this time, huh.

Ash: But a friend of ours told me to just have fun, and I did.

Me: Which brings us to the other part. What else did you do for fun there?

Ash: As usual - I met your other friends, talked, got photos taken...

Goh: The whole nine yards. But there had to be something else interesting.

Ash: Pikachu got photos taken by one of our friends.

Pikachu: Pi pika pika! ["That was neat!"]

Ash: But that was it, really.

Goh: Oh yeah, wasn't there other entertainment?

Ash: Three dance cover groups and a karaoke session at the end.

Goh: OK, so not much else.

Me: So it was a fine warm-up to the month, even if things end up mostly just for fun. If it went better (for us mostly), then it would be really hot.

Goh: I think I see what you mean.

Ash: Me too!

Me: I might have more ideas to make this month hotter. Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.