Saturday, February 12, 2022

Pokémon Go Community Day, 2/12/2022

As with last year, since Pokémon Go Tour is on its way, Community Day has to be gotten out of the way, later if not sooner. And this one is a little later, considering the schedule back then, but that's perfectly fine. What's important is that it's done before time flies away, similar to one Pokémon that also flies away on the wind. That Pokémon also becomes the featured Pokémon for this edition in a totally fluttery scenario.

The Pokémon that is featured in this edition is Hoppip - yes, the same one for "Hoppip New Year" that I continue to adopt. It and its species family represent a family of Grass and Flying types, with Skiploom and Jumpluff; the latter of these gets the Charged Move of Acrobatics when evolved during today's edition of the event as the exclusive move. The true regular bonus for this one is tripled Stardust for each catch, and I say "true" because it also stacks with a doubled Candy catch bonus and a tripled Candy transfer bonus - both of which have been individual bonuses for past editions - of a concurrent event, which is to be explained later. Today becomes all about the Hoppip.

Other bonuses are standard and still apply, including extended Lure Modules and/or Incense, as well as the optional paid Special Research, this time with the title of "A Hop, Skip, and Jump Away". There are also extra bonuses for this edition, which are three additional free raid passes during event hours (including the "move window" - this bonus is a return from November 2021 with an upgrade) and the accompanying appearance of Skiploom in parks (dark green spaces on the overworld map) also with extra Candy XL. This edition also furnishes a number of new commemorative stickers, even earlier before the day, which is actually a bonus that was started the month before in January.

Meanwhile, for my own experience, today's edition of Community Day falls on a Saturday, and typically Trainers are less free on a Saturday edition than they are for a Sunday edition. This was evident when I dropped by my usual local park, when I found no one I knew who I would usually find - except for one person, who couldn't stay for long due to having other things to do. The person left me with a couple of Lure Modules to work with, and coupled with Incense of my own, allowed me to catch many Hoppip and a number of Skiploom, all of which rewarded many Hoppip Candies due to the bonuses, including that given by a Mega Evolution (I evolved Venusaur this time). In the end, I evolved my buddy Hoppip, which is also the one with the best stats, along with one for Great League and the best Shiny; I still have no Lucky Hoppip and I neither purified nor evolved the Shadow Hoppip I showed at the beginning of the year.

With this edition of Community Day, Hoppip really flies high, and it's reasonably close to the beginning (actually two of them) of a Hoppip New Year, so it is still very much appropriate. Time can then fly away to Pokémon Go Tour just like how the Hoppip fly on the wind to seek new places; at least with this one, the Trainers can come along for the ride as they seek to connect with Hoppip and its species family.

Two years ago: Pokémon as a Study Aid
Three years ago: A Pikachu Pillow Keychain
Four years ago: Anywhere Is

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.