Friday, January 15, 2021

I Need Good Energy

The events of much of the previous days, as in occurrences of things in general and not commemorations of things, have left me feeling not my very best. It is as if I've been drained of my "good energy" and become unable to become myself. What I need right now is to regain some of that "good energy" and essentially replenish myself. With this, I can't help thinking about the "good energy" that belong to the creatures of Pokémon and how that energy empowers them.

For those familiar with the main series games, PP or Power Points can be recognized as a "good energy" of sorts. They allow moves to be executed for as long as they are available, within the capabilities of the creatures. People who are well-versed in the TCG will instead recognize actual Energy in all its various forms, and those can be considered "good energy" too when they are able to allow specific Pokémon to execute their corresponding moves. Both are also quantified, which describes their respective values as the facets that make their moves good.

Pokémon Go is not devoid of concepts that are representative of "good energy" either. Charged Moves can be said to embody that idea, as they need to be filled up with successive hits by Fast Moves before they may be used, the latter imbuing that "good energy". Then, for the recently introduced Mega Evolution, that has its own actual energy, Mega Energy. It's a "good energy" because it allows specific Pokémon to attain a gloriously advanced form that shows their inner capabilities. While only the latter is quantified (allowing for "good" and "better" amounts), both are still good because they make things tick.

I mentioned commemorations earlier, and that's because it has been suggested that "good energy" may arise from commemorations, or more to the point, celebrations. There are actually two of them coming up soon - partly even related to Pokémon and me personally - but they will be discussed in time for each. Of course, it isn't easy to escape the fact that the 25th anniversary of Pokémon is coming up, something I've been extolling even since about half a year ago. With all of these on tap, that may mean a lot of "good energy" to come, and I have to be able to tap into them.

Back to myself, I'm still not feeling as good as I could be, if much of the events in previous days had not taken place. Yet, thinking about how "good energy" is manifested in different ways in Pokémon gives me a slight boost, and this may then be manifested further in the true commemorations that are to come, which would be the way "good energy" is to be sought. It may then be that all of the above are valid "good energy" for this Pokémon fan.

Now, it seems that I should start my quest to seek some "good energy".

Two years ago: Keeping Up with VGC
Three years ago: Here Comes an Ex-Raid

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.