Thursday, October 5, 2023

Warring for "Pokémon" Tickets?

In a few days, I may need to go into a "ticket war" in order to be able to get into something that I usually utilize to show off my Pokémon interests. It had been confirmed today in a seemingly unusual twist, as in the past, going into the "ticket war" was usually unnecessary. For other occasions, "ticket wars" often become the norm, especially as they are extremely popular and slots are often very limited as a result. Yet it seems that even "ticket wars" may still be needed for some "Pokémon" affairs - in quotes, as that is the bulk of the relevance for me and this blog.

The most likely occasions that I have to go into "ticket warring" for are events and conventions, in particular those related to (Japanese) pop culture, as that is where I bring out my Pokémon cosplay and interact as a Pokémon fan primarily. In recent times, they've understandably gotten more and very popular to the point that even tickets to them have to be presold - often at a special price or deal - and/or attendance has to be capped, which obviously facilitates the necessity of "ticket warring". It could thus be said that for my foray into Indonesia Comic-Con earlier this year, I had to go into "ticket warring", even though the "battlefield" was relatively sparse and I got what I needed without too much of a struggle (or "combat" due to the given nature of "war") in certain senses. And that was truly a Pokémon affair due to Rica Matsumoto being in it; the same would be expected if any event or convention brought something heavily linked to Pokémon.

While there may be no "tickets" per se for things like Pokémon game competitions, some of them may have limited slots for entrants like me, so a bit of "warring" may be needed in order to participate in them. In such a situation, the "ticket" could be considered as the preparation and fulfillment of entry requirements, and the race to do so before others can do the same. In some cases, the "warring" could be rather intense as there could be many potential entrants and they are all bringing their serious game. After that "warring" ends, then there may be some "sub-wars" for the grand main part of the competition, the "ticket" for which are the results of the "sub-wars". These are all still a stretch of the real "ticket warring", but inherently, there are similarities in the processes.

As the time comes to face that "ticket war", I have to remind myself that my Pokémon interests still take precedence over most other things, and my showing off of those interests may be realized with or without success in the "ticket war" to come. Regardless, I may still have to face "ticket wars" elsewhere for that purpose, but that may be the struggle for ensuring that others can see that my interests are still relevant in any case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.