Monday, October 16, 2023

Pokémon Go Community Day, 10/15/2023

Me: So, here's that special Pokémon assignment.

Goh: Oh, of course it's Community Day.

Me: Yeah. It's been scheduled way before the convention, so I still had to deal with it - or rather, with the convention, Ash had to deal with it.

Ash: You know, I'm always happy to take care of this for you.

Pikachu: Pika! ["So am I!"]

Me: OK, with that covered, as always, there was a special Pokémon being featured - and yesterday, it was Timburr.

Ash: That's a Pokémon from Unova! It matched my outfit.

Goh: Well, I guess it made sense why our friend sent you with that. So, Timburr evolves twice, to Gurdurr and then Conkeldurr.

Me: Right, and that last one of the three - all of which I call the "builder trio" - got the move of Brutal Swing.

Goh: It's a Dark-type move. So... maybe it's not that great?

Me: I'm hearing reports from analyzers that it might come in handy for battling other Trainers but not much else. So you shouldn't have evolved too many to get it.

Ash: Yeah, I think I see how that can be a problem.

Me: Furthermore, Gurdurr evolves to Conkeldurr by spending lots of Candy - 200 of them - or by trading it. So you would have had to pick and choose what to evolve, or find someone to trade with and evolve what you got.

Goh: That's brutal, like the move it got.

Me: I'd have to agree. But then the usual bonuses should have become an offset for that: double Candy and doubled chance for Candy XL, extended Lure Modules and Incense, picture popups from Timburr, and of course an extra Special Trade and discounted trades. Then there was the main bonus of tripled Stardust.

Ash: You got me set up too with Professor Willow to go through some paid tasks - research called "Muscle Memories". He also talked a lot about Timburr and its evolved forms.

Goh: That should have been pretty nice.

Me: I always set this up because it's so worth it. Now, you may or may not have needed to raid Gurdurr in order to get more Timburr appearing, but you should also have gone through tasks from PokéStops and opened Gifts for special stickers.

Ash: I did!

Goh: So, what happened yesterday?

Ash: I went back to the same park you sent me a few months ago, met your friends, and caught a lot of Timburr. There was a lot more people than the last time I was there, and some of them were kids.

Me: Oh, yes. I forgot to mention that my friends decided on a secondary theme for this edition: "Family Community Day".

Goh: That makes sense. The kids must really like Pokémon.

Ash: But so did everyone! At the end of the day, there was a giveaway for teams of two people who are family members.

Goh: So it was a family day in a broader sense. If only you could participate.

Me: Yeah, sadly Pikachu isn't related by blood, and it would have been pretty hard to get your mom, Delia, to be with you.

Ash: That's OK. We deal with it.

Pikachu: Pi pika. ["That's fine."]

Ash: But they still had giveaways for solo Trainers! I just didn't win any of them.

Goh: They were for Shiny Timburr, weren't they?

Ash: Yeah, with the best stats, most caught, tallest, and so on.

Goh: So you weren't terribly lucky for this one either. I'm sure you still evolved some, though.

Ash: Like our friend said, I just evolved three to battle in all leagues. I didn't evolve a Shiny one, even though I got one from a friend of our friend - and I even traded a few with another friend and got a few Lucky ones!

Me: Don't worry about the Shiny Timburr. I evolved that one today so it wouldn't get Brutal Swing.

Ash: I also got a lot of Candy and Stardust just in case you need them.

Me: I always do.

Goh: By the way, anything to show of the group?

Ash: Here it is:

Ash: Sorry it's a little dark. You know how it is after sunset.

Me: Great! That's completely fine. So all told, this time was a unique circumstance - having Pokémon builders, family affairs, and an extra convention to boot.

Goh: You know, I guess they all "build things" in some way.

Ash: That's a neat way to think about it.

Pikachu: Pika! ["Nice one!"]

Me: That said, let's keep on building and see where Community Day, Pokémon Go relations, and conventions take us. That ought to be... quite the construction.

Ash, Goh: Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.