Monday, February 5, 2024

The Plush Dolls That Sit Pretty

I've possessed quite a few Pokémon plush dolls, and they're all interesting in their own ways. Yet I also take interest in the related merchandise that I don't possess - though I could always hope to one day. One of those is the Sitting Cuties line of plush dolls from Pokémon Center. As expected, this line features many Pokémon that fans love, in particular sitting poses that captivate them and a nice size. It is decidedly hard to obtain in my current state of affairs, but that doesn't stop me from being able to write about them.

Some Pokémon, of course, can naturally sit, so they're obvious fodder for this line; that includes two-legged friends like Pikachu and Charmander as well as four-legged friends like Eevee and its evolved forms. A few Pokémon like Gardevoir and Garchomp are perhaps not as well-known for their sitting poses, but they're a part of this line regardless and ought to please their respective fans. And then there are a few oddities like the Legendary Rayquaza and Mythical Jirachi that are better known for floating rather than sitting, yet they too are part of this line. So it seems that this line can (try to) please all kinds of fans under the sun.

Certainly, I have my preferences for what I would like to get from this line. Lately, I've been captivated by Lucario, so this becomes somewhat of an interest. For a non-starter option, Jolteon seems to be a good choice. And then there is the usual lineup of species I'm interested in - Charizard, Pikachu, Eevee, and more, any or all of which I can stand to get if the possibility somehow would present itself... though I wouldn't know how.

Plush dolls seem to be an infinitely adaptable form of Pokémon merchandise, and the Sitting Cuties line is a sure bet in this case. It is neat to see Pokémon species be able to sit in all their own ways and have that realized in a cuddly, cushy form. I'm certain that if the opportunity arises, fans like me won't stand to sit pretty before getting their hands on them.

Three years ago: Get Your Game On, Go Tour
Four years ago: It's (All) About Time
Seven years ago: Itasha Revisited

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.