Saturday, February 17, 2024

Cosplay: Gyomai Mini Gathering

Me: Well, um... We have to take this weekend for conventions and such, because the next two weeks might be difficult ones for that.

Goh: I'm guessing there might be a few Pokémon activities in there.

Me: You would be right - but I'll save those for when they come up. Right now there's today.

Ash: It's a mini gathering! But it's not for Bocchi Noizu...

Me: No, it's not. I'm told this is a more general-interest community, unlike Bocchi Noizu that has some specific ties to something else.

Ash: OK, that's fine. We're game!

Pikachu: Pika chu. ["We're ready."]

Ash: So, um... it's in the same place as the Bocchi Noizu gathering before.

Goh: Oh - you know, did the same person, our character friend, also help to organize this one?

Ash: He did! And he was a judge for the character parade.

Me: Yeah, so there's that. I actually slightly hesitated to send Ash because of that, but in the end, I did anyway.

Goh: I guess we can figure out the schedule, then. Were there mini games?

Ash: Yeah, but not like Bocchi Noizu's. I was asked to go up on stage and name a Pokémon, and I just got a keychain.

Goh: OK, that's different all right. Were there singers? (Obviously you weren't one, otherwise you'd have said that.)

Ash: Of course. Two faces that didn't look strange, and a band from last time with Bocchi Noizu. I wish I could have sung with them - but then I know what the sound system is like where it is...

Me: You'll get a chance, hopefully not in that place. 

Goh: Then there was the character parade, which I'm sure was the main thing for our friend.

Me: You betcha.

Ash: I got in with my Hoenn outfit, and... I tried something different on stage. Pikachu looked a little different too.

Pikachu: Pika, pi pika! ["Haha, yes!"]

Goh: Our friend must have planned this out.

Me: Not really - a lot of it was decided on the spur of the moment.

Goh: How about dancing?

Ash: Two guys danced on stage, and after the awarding, there was a dance-off. That last one was going to last an hour, so I just went back to my friend.

Me: Yeah, if it's too long, you didn't need to stay for the entire thing.

Goh: Speaking of awarding...

Ash: I got Judge Favorite!

Pikachu: Pika! ["Nice!"]

Goh: Very nice!

Ash: The prize wasn't much - just a poster, tab cover, and a keychain - but the award is probably what our friend was looking for.

Me: Sure! Really good prizes can come later on. And this was really unexpected for me too.

Ash: I talked with our character friend, and we may get good things too in the future.

Goh: That's to be expected.

Ash: I also got word that this might be the last time for a meeting at the place - they plan to make the space into something else.

Goh: That's a little sad. I guess this is a bittersweet time for us.

Me: That is true, but let's see how things end up in the future. At least today didn't turn out difficult at all.

Ash: It was very easy!

Pikachu: Pika chu pika. ["That's very true."]

Goh: The hard part could be figuring out the future.

Me: Yes... in a way. But we'll figure it out somehow. Good job for today, and let's see what that future holds.

Three years ago: Gym Takedown Habits
Four years ago: Delayed Costumes
Seven years ago: The Park Is Open

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.