Saturday, January 13, 2024

Cosplay: MCP Creative Festival

Me: And things go on.

Goh: Keeping things going, huh?

Me: Yeah. But actually, I also didn't want things to go on today.

Ash: Hey, that's not very usual of you! You must have a story for this one.

Pikachu: Pika chu pika! ["Do tell us!"]

Me: I do have that story. So, around the turn of last month, something apparently brewed in a festival I didn't send (and couldn't have sent) Ash to. It was regrettable, especially for the person in the middle of it, who I know well.

Goh: My guess is that the person is (was) present here as well.

Me: That's the gist of it, and I wasn't going to send Ash here myself. But then a friend offered to bring Ash here... and here you are.

Ash: Oh! It's in the same place as the MCP contest from last year. And I also have my Unova outfit too just like back then.

Goh: I guess that makes sense, since they both have "MCP" in their titles.

Me: And yes, the Unova outfit just happened to be the only thing I can get you to wear right now.

Ash: That's fine. So we'll just entertain people today, no problem.

Me: I don't expect you to be in the character parade, but...

Ash: The people put me into it just for fun.

Me: Oh. Well then, that should be exactly the point. Don't expect miracles, though.

Goh: Well, you know, I think I need to help you out with this discussion, so I got ahold of the schedule. And... there's a lot of little performances and games - is this by Bocchi Noizu?

Ash: Yeah, I think they helped to hold it. They had their famous wheel game too.

Goh: Maybe it isn't too bad. They tend to do their own thing, based on what we've seen.

Me: That's true - they are rather independent, with or without the person. So Ash could do the same.

Ash: I got a few pictures taken by some people. I even spent time with one of them.

Pikachu: Pi pika. ["Good stuff."]

Me: That's a nice way to fill time.

Goh: I'd agree. And I guess the performances were the same old, same old.

Ash: More or less - without me...

Goh: I guess you wanted to be up there.

Me: There'll be a better time for Ash. For now we lay low.

Goh: Well... I suppose we now can't really be talking much about the character parade.

Ash: I just did what I could do - maybe it's also a good practice for when another comes by. And that's all I can say.

Me: Yeah, no need to say more. But we need to say just a few more things before we close.

Ash: I think everything went well! It was really organized.

Pikachu: Pika chu. ["Very true."]

Goh: It's too bad we - mainly you two - had reservations about it.

Me: In another life, this could have been ours for the taking. But it is what it is.

Ash: Let's try again in another place!

Me: Of course, when we find one.

Goh: I hope that goes well for you two.

Me: For now, life goes on.

Two years ago: Goh's Workstation Setup
Three years ago: The Rain and Pokémon
Six years ago: My Pokémon Show
Seven years ago: Pokémon and Cosplay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.