Friday, January 5, 2024

Tell Me, It'll Be All Right

And even though we ain't got money
I'm so in love with ya honey
And everything will bring a chain of love
And in the morning, when I rise
Bring a tear of joy to my eyes
And tell me, everything is gonna be all right...
-- "Danny's Song"

Lately, there's been a few things - both related and unrelated to Pokémon - that run together, with or without them being under my control. One of them would certainly be a wondrous award that I received (on behalf of Ash), which happened in the previous month and demanded both Ash and me to go beyond our "call of duty", so to speak. This and other instances of things running together prompt me to think about them and wonder how I'll make it through them just fine. As a result, I'm also prompted to think about this song, of which the last line of the chorus very much pertains to the situation. As it turns out, I can think of some other ways to relate the song to certain Pokémon affairs.

As a whole, this song tells the story of a couple discovering their love for each other and the future they'll make together - specifically, it was written for one such couple, one half of which is the "Danny" referred in the title. No relation to Pokémon is apparent purely based on this, unless maybe there are two Trainers who share the same sentiments. Breaking up the song into some parts, however, does allow to see how they could (be made to) relate to Pokémon situations, including the above quoted part, which is indeed the chorus of the song itself. Note that no artist is given for this song as referenced above because it has two versions by two different artists that are popular in their own right, slightly different in the verses but sharing the same chorus as above.

That chorus may just happen to describe Pokémon fans like me who may be low on money - perhaps after incurring a "splurge" - but still continue to maintain attraction and appreciation of Pokémon, and wonder how each day they'll be fine no matter how things go on. Similarly, it may describe Trainers like Ash whose funds are not apparent but do manage to survive; there is also the poignant picture that the chorus paints of him waking up each day to the sight of Pikachu and knowing that they'll be all right somehow. Both may just be equally vivid for those who believe that the chorus fits the situation.

One of the verses of the song, which in one version is the second and the other is the fourth (in either case, it is still the last of them), illustrates the development of a relationship with a significant other. With luck, this could also be construed as the development of a similar relationship between a Trainer and the Pokémon that the Trainer may catch for whatever reason. The verse describes a devotion that people in both situations possess and something the rest of us may just be able to aspire to.

Personally, I'm taken with the very first line of the song, which goes "People smile and tell me I'm the lucky one..." and may just describe my situation, Pokémon or otherwise. They may be impressed or appreciative (and hopefully not envious or jealous) of my situation and the opportunities I get to have. To this I can only say that I hope others can have similar ones.

I'm currently expecting a few other things to run together, so I have to think further about how I'm going to have to deal with them so I can make it out of them just fine. It becomes a challenge to do so, but if Ash has anything to say like in a certain song, a voice will tell me that things are bound to happen as such. That may just be the prompt for me to go on, knowing that things will proceed as in the song above, and they'll all be all right.

One year ago: Kids in Cosplay?
Four years ago: Jelly-Filled Doughnuts
Five years ago: Cosplay: Bunkasai XXI
Six years ago: The Music of Go
Seven years ago: Alt+0233 and Its Kin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.