Saturday, January 20, 2024

Pokémon Go Community Day Classic, 1/20/2024

The next interruption to my "finale coverage" comes in the form of Community Day for Pokémon Go, a Classic edition this time. As a matter of fact, this entire edition could be considered as an "interruption" in a general sense and in my personal sense - but I'll get to the latter soon enough. The former, though, could be considered a bit abstract and is primarily due to what this edition involves, and that is as always what this post is designed for, along with how I went through the event.

Without further ado, the featured Pokémon of this Classic edition is... Porygon. Last featured in September 2020 as a vote-in winner, this veritable Pokémon returns for a Classic "rerun". Now, some other Pokémon might be more deserving of these Classic "reruns" than others, and this one might be on the lower end of that list. Yet this is the one Trainers get this time around, so for them, this might be either a break or a catch-up. That too also depends on the elements that are present for the edition.

And those elements are Tri Attack as the Charged move for Porygon-Z after evolving it all the way to that species, bonuses of triple XP with extended Lure Modules and Incense as well as photo bombs, extra paid Special Research as "Porygon Community Day Classic", Timed Research awarding the necessary evolution items (Upgrades and Sinnoh Stones), Field Research and showcases, and web shop and in-game shop deals and bundles. Overall, it's a bare-bones repeat of the previous edition.

Meanwhile, the personal "interruption" came as I was dealing with something that is somewhat important for my future, and that kept me from catching too many Porygon, although I did catch what could appear while still dealing with the "interruption". After that, I was able to join some my usual friends for the last hour of the event. I also didn't evolve too many as I had evolved what I needed previously. I also caught quite a few Shiny Porygon, perhaps more than what I would have liked.

It seems a wild choice to have the Virtual Pokémon twice over for Community Day purposes, although the first choice was made by Trainers back then, and the second today was perhaps made to "break up" or "interrupt" the flow of good Community Day fodder. Still, that "interruption" seems to be good as a respite for certain Trainers, and today's edition (re)delivered the best of what happened back then. After this point, it seems worth it to continue with the best of what Community Day will offer next.

Seven years ago: All in the Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.