Monday, January 8, 2024

Quickies: Getting Over Fatigue

It's been an eventful (ahem) two days, and I've gotten rather tired in getting through them. And now I have to get over the fatigue that they have brought in order to be able to bring other Pokémon things or inspirations through this blog. To that effect, I feel like a party of Pokémon in the Mystery Dungeon games, hitting certain points of fatigue over the course of going through dungeons and especially long ones with certain restrictions. There are certain ways of getting over those points, which may just be what I need to do.

The Belly system could be considered to be a determinant of fatigue, in addition to the usual Pokémon indicators (HP and PP). As such, to get over the kinds of fatigue that reductions of these may present, Pokémon have to consume Apples, Berries, and Elixirs in combination, as each resolves one kind of fatigue more so than another. It may be that I have to consume different things with similar effects in order to alleviate my fatigue in similar ways. It would take quite a bit of experimentation, but as far as I'm concerned, I might find the effects I'm looking for.

Of course, even the player itself will get tired, so that is why the games offer a "quick save" option (appropriately also called "Rest") for progressing through those same long and/or restrictive dungeons. In this case, there's just not much that one can do except to do as the option implies and take a breather before getting back into the swing of things. This too is something that I may just have to do - for a good bit of time - until I can become as productive as ever and hopefully to take on some challenges with full force in the upcoming weekends.

My experience of playing the Mystery Dungeon games, if anything, tells me that I have to pace through the dungeons so that my Pokémon don't get fatigued, and neither do I for that matter. Still, whether it's this or the busy weekend that I just faced, there just seems to be no avoiding fatigue for one reason or another. Taking a cue from those games, the key point right now would be to pace myself and give me a bit of a rest; after that point, I can then continue with my usual (Pokémon) business and my party can clear a dungeon with the best results.

Four years ago: Locks on Shiny Forms
Six years ago: The Three-Count
Seven years ago: On the Subject of Go

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.