Sunday, January 28, 2024

Cosplay: "Mobile Japan Fest"

Me: OK, so this is the first time I'm sending Ash somewhere out of after the fact - specifically on my end.

Ash: Yeah! See, I'll still be there for you.

Pikachu: Pika! ["Same here!"]

Goh: So will I, for our friend.

Me: That's settled. OK, this one may be somewhat different than normal but also very similar.

Goh: It's a Japanese festival - but it's mobile?

Me: Uh-huh. But the place that it's held in should be familiar.

Ash: It's the same as place as that food festival! But it's inside the mall now.

Goh: Oh, so no food festival?

Ash: There were a few food stands, but it wasn't about them. There was a lot of merchandise too.

Me: No, you're right. So this is their version of the festival, but with less of the food aspect and more of the pop culture aspect. But the organizer is the same.

Goh: I guess that explains it.

Me: And it's not the first time. They also had it last week and two weeks ago, even in malls far away - and this very mall.

Goh: Why didn't you send Ash back then?

Me: Oh, I had something else to do, some of which stopped me from doing so. And besides, I'm trying to keep things manageable.

Ash: That's fine, I understand. You've become a lot more busy, it seems like.

Me: That's part of it. OK, we're kind of on the run, so let's go through the stuff. I also sent you to try to see if you can raid for Shadow Ho-Oh somewhere near the place. Did that happen?

Goh: Shadow Ho-Oh??

Pikachu: Pika chu pika. ["See it to believe."]

Me: You betcha. Anyway...

Ash: I got two with your friends. They weren't that great and they weren't Shiny either.

Me: I raided a few last night and didn't have great luck. So the next time it comes around things could be better.

Goh: So, what about the festival itself?

Ash: It was just like in the past. A karaoke challenge, a couple of dance groups, and the character parade.

Goh: OK, same deal as before. And our friend definitely wanted you in the character parade.

Me: Indeed, and I set you up with your Hoenn outfit. It's a part of what makes "us" "legendary". And maybe it could be used for another festival or convention soon enough.

Ash: Thanks! I just did what I usually would do on stage. It's really helpful that we go things planned out this time.

Goh: You mean it wasn't always planned out?

Ash: Well, not to the small details. But our friend this time got it right down.

Me: Thank you. That's something different.

Ash: There was something different too: the judge was late.

Goh: Don't they have to be early usually?

Ash: Maybe it was the weather outside? It kept raining off and on, so maybe the judge couldn't get to the place on time.

Pikachu: Pi pika pika? ["It's strange, no?"]

Goh: Yeah, but even so...

Me: That is kind of a stickler. This time we got things planned out but the judge may not have.

Goh: Well, what did you get?

Ash: Nothing. The three winners out of 25 seemed like characters other people know better - and I think we know the people too.

Me: Oh. I could've seen that coming a mile away too.

Goh: What else happened?

Ash: There was a dance-off at the end... but I got told that it was going to be for two hours, and I really needed to get back to our friend.

Me: Yeah, that wasn't going to happen on our watch. Good call.

Goh: I guess not much was different.

Ash: Maybe we could have gotten something good on the ones before? But our friend was busy, so maybe we wouldn't know.

Me: Right. Whatever happens, happens.

Goh: And things will still happen for us. Even if it's like this.

Ash: Of course they will. And we'll spend time out of our journeys for you for this, and even just to talk.

Pikachu: Pika pika. ["That's true."]

Me: Thanks again to you, and we'll see if we can make things different even if they're basically the same, just like with this one.

One year ago: Pokémon Is Magic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.