Sunday, March 3, 2024

Cosplay: Utsuru 8.5

Me: Double surprise!!

Goh: Yeah, should've known. How'd you get Ash back so quickly for this?

Me: Oh, well, there's the magic and wonder of transportation. Although it does cost more than what I would like...

Ash: At least it wasn't too shaky!

Pikachu: Pika pika! ["Very true!"]

Me: That is perhaps the only upside, other than being quick and allowing me and Ash to do something like this.

Goh: OK, anyway, so this is another "one half" edition.

Me: It seems JCD is going to make this annual, so we'll have two of these in a year.

Goh: So why did you send Ash back here instead of staying there, besides what we talked about yesterday?

Me: Well, this convention is kind of special, Ash has always been sent here, and it's always a different experience even if it's all the same.

Goh: I think I see what you mean. Maybe we can start with how the schedule went.

Ash: A lot of it was about music. If it wasn't a band or a dance group, it was a singer or a music show.

Goh: Music show - kind of like the radio show from a few months ago or the karaoke group that sometimes shows up?

Ash: Yeah! Both of them were in today.

Me: How about communities? Was there at least something different?

Ash: I saw a few more for fun things. I think it's because of the new rule they had.

Me: Oh, I should mention that. For this edition, they don't allow any visitors, characters, basically anyone with weapon replicas, let alone real ones.

Goh: OK, that's different.

Me: I think they wanted to avoid possible conflicts, since it's been a really sensitive time recently where I am.

Goh: That's understandable.

Ash: But it did make things nicer!

Pikachu: Chu pika. ["So it was."]

Goh: I'm sure there were competitions too.

Ash: Yeah! They were a song guessing thing, a changing thing, a best community voting, and the character parade.

Me: The last one is always our thing.

Ash: I didn't see the first two too much, and the winning community had friends of our friend, it seems.

Goh: That's nice. But what about you in the character parade?

Ash: Can you guess what happened with over 60 of them and only four winners?

Goh: You didn't make it.

Ash: No - lots of really good characters too that I thought could and would win but didn't. And I had some new twists too from my friend.

Me: I was going for a "modern meets classic" thing with your new Kanto/Johto outfit, but I think we'll have to improve on this some more.

Ash: Let's do that!

Me: So now we've established much of the same old, same old, but did you interact with many people there?

Ash: I did! New people and old people - and I got lots of pictures taken too.

Goh: So a lot of people were interested, not like yesterday.

Ash: You could say that.

Pikachu: Pika chu pika. ["Pretty much."]

Ash: But it did get a little lonely at the end.

Me: Don't worry about that - that seems to happen. 

Ash: Oh! There was also a bit more Pokémon than usual.

Goh: How's that?

Ash: Well, I brought Pikachu, I saw Charizard again, two people brought the three Kanto starters, and someone was going to bring Snorlax but it didn't happen.

Goh: That had to have been a sight.

Pikachu: Pika! ["It was!"]

Me: Would you look at that.

Ash: And I ended up finishing the things to do from yesterday with some Electric-type Pokémon that appeared.

Me: Nice - one less work for me. So, I guess dividing our time this weekend was a good call too.

Ash: If this convention wasn't this weekend, I'd have wanted to stay for PIJ... but then there's the getting back that would have been a problem.

Me: That's exactly what I'd do and what my concerns are. But who knows - we got a good weekend out of it wherever you were.

Goh: You two sure did.

Me: One last thing: the promo logo for this one was based on something related to a straw hat character.

Ash: I saw the straw hat character a couple of times, but there wasn't much more of that from the people who held the convention.

Goh: It's themed... but not exactly, I guess?

Me: Maybe so. Who knows if Pokémon can be worked into this somehow, just like we worked it into this weekend.

Goh: It could happen.

Me: And that's where we would be.

Six years ago: Investing for PokéCoins

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.