Friday, March 8, 2024

Taking Pokémon "Sabbaticals"

I've mentioned the term "sabbatical" in some past posts, and it's a term with deep meanings. It means to leave (or be absent) for some time from something that one usually does or is involved in. One of those things, given what this blog deals with, could certainly be Pokémon. And when Pokémon is involved, it can mean a lot of things for a lot of fans, especially in the context of this term and how it could possibly apply to the situations of some fans like me.

For me, I could be considered to be still on a VGC "sabbatical", having been involved in it quite a bit in the past but now not so much. And that's still the case today, furthermore not having the most recent main series games and even their expansions - and even if I did have them, a part of myself to devote to them at present. This is even while I still receive info about it from time to time. So, this "sabbatical" continues for now, and I'm not quite sure how it will end.

Then, I'm also still on an ongoing (competitive) Pokémon Go PvP "sabbatical". Though it appears things have settled down since the demise of Silph, I'm still looking inside myself for continuing on this endeavor. Even so, I do still partake in the Go Battle League and push my rank there every so often for the rewards, but it's also not taken too seriously. This is still a "sabbatical" in some sense of the word, and it also looks set to continue at the moment.

What is clear is that with or without this blog, I'm not taking a "sabbatical" from Pokémon any time soon, as it still forms the core of all the things I do enjoy now and furthermore. However, the thought of taking one from this blog has slightly surfaced due to certain concerns - though I've quickly dismissed it as I still think it's a key for me to unlock something major that I can do with and for Pokémon in the future. As such, the blog still goes on in expecting that.

A "sabbatical" may also be considered to be a kind of soul searching, especially given the above and what people usually do when they take time off in general. That effectively rekindles my thoughts about a song on this particular topic, which I've discussed a number of years ago. Likewise, my thoughts from that point in time still apply somewhat well today, given the above "sabbaticals" I'm on or did consider to take on in relation to Pokémon.

Given what I've discussed, a "sabbatical" does have deep meanings and may be a precursor for uncovering more and deeper meanings. And it seems many Pokémon aspects do feature or could possess some of those deep meanings, which could be uncovered with a "sabbatical", particularly ones that I'm on. Regardless, it doesn't take a "sabbatical" to know that I still enjoy Pokémon in many ways, and that's not to change even by going on ones for specific things.

Two years ago: On the Planning of Posts
Four years ago: Pokémon Conferences?
Five years ago: Add Hope and Tears...
Seven years ago: Pokémon and Music Games

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.