Saturday, December 10, 2022

Cosplay: The Lidos Cosplay Contest

Me: Before starting this event review, I'd like to say that this month could be full of torment for me, which might affect you.

Goh: Now, why would you say that?

Ash: I want to know too.

Pikachu: Pika pi ka! ["So do I!"]

Me: OK, so the reason is that we're going to have some - actually more than a few - overlaps of events where we show off our Pokémon stuff and a few actual Pokémon happenings.

Goh: Actually, the second one sounds fun. Maybe you can tell us more?

Me: I guess I can, when it happens. In fact, one such happening is (or was) today. But since this event is today, let's focus on this one first.

Ash: That's fine. You can do what seems to fit.

Me: Thanks. So, it's actually because of the Pokémon reason that I had doubts about sending you, Ash, here today. I thought the schedules would clash.

Ash: It didn't, actually. When I got to the place after the thing you had told me to do, I think it just started.

Me: Hmm. So either I mixed up the info or the info got mixed up along the way.

Goh: It could be both.

Me: You have a point. That's also why I could send you with the outfit I sent you last time.

Ash: That's just fine! As I told you last time, don't trouble yourself.

Me: Sure thing.

Ash: By the way, I like the place - the building - you sent me to. It's bright and airy!

Pikachu: Pi pika, pi pika pika. ["So bright, so roomy."]

Me: You like it? It's the new creative center in my area. If we're lucky, we might be seeing more of it in the future. But a little bit now is OK too.

Ash: One of your friends tagged along with me the entire time I was there. We met just as we arrived.

Me: That must have been fun.

Ash: In a way. When we got in, the event looked like a little convention, but there was also an exhibition that was just there.

Goh: So it didn't match?

Ash: It didn't seem like it did. And the people who ran it was a little pushy about us doing some things. I mean, I'm fine if I had to do them, but but they could have said it better.

Me: I heard these people don't know much about planning something like this, so we may have found the reason for all these mix-ups. And it seems that applies to the contest, which is partly why I was nervous about putting you in it.

Ash: I saw the contest, and it looked just fine. Maybe they changed their mind about things.

Me: See, that's another thing about poor planning and the effect that it has.

Ash: But everything else was fun. I met lots of people and had the same fun as usual.

Pikachu: Pika pika chu. ["It was good fun."]

Me: So I guess we can say that the people did OK, but they'll have to improve on communication if they want to make things better.

Goh: They do need to get their act together in a way, even though things were fine.

Me: I'd say even with a little improvement, things will go a long way.

Ash: Oh yeah! You did tell me to come back early. Why is that?

Pikachu: Chu? ["Why?"]

Me: Well, I need to wrap up a few things for myself so all of us can have some peace of mind tomorrow.

Goh: Oh, this should be interesting. Tomorrow?

Me: Oh, yes. That should be very fascinating for the both of you.

Five years ago: Cosplay: Utsuru F!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.