Sunday, January 1, 2023

Hoppip New Year 2023

Hoppip New Year! Six years are complete on this blog, and now this is the start of the seventh year. Current conditions have not fully dissipated, but it has done so enough that some fun from before can still be had, only under different conditions - what they call the "new normal". And so it is that Pokémon follows everything into this state of "new normal", adapting to whatever that those conditions throw at the world. That remains the place where I come in, to report on as many Pokémon happenings as possible, especially which ones that I can be involved in.

What might be those Pokémon happenings in this year? If last year is of any indication, that ought to mean more featured species in different ways in Pokémon games, including Pokémon Go and Pokémon Unite. That has been a formula that worked well during the past few "downturn" years and continues to work well today. But of course, the real happenings would be the novelties that are announced through things like Pokémon Presents and other byway announcements, which is also both a past-year and present-time norm, and it is expected that they would be present this year in a certain capacity.

Now, as usual, I make my "Hoppip New Year" post, and that hasn't changed since the start of my second year of posting, as seen below. But unusually, today I'm engaged in a certain Pokémon happening that is very significant as other local fans and I are concerned - and that is why this post took longer than usual to be posted - but because of this post, that has to wait until a convenient time to discuss it. And... that will come soon enough, because it really is significant. But for this first day of the year, the tradition of this post series comes first and foremost. There are other post traditions on this blog, but I'll leave that for the reader to discover - though someday I might help it along.

Also as usual, there is the "Hoppip Report" that I make for this post. Since last year, the Pokémon has become featured in an edition of Community Day, and thus it now has an established Shiny form. Unfortunately, I've yet to encounter another Shadow Hoppip, and the one I've encountered since then has had its Frustration move unlearned and then evolved all the way to Jumpluff, so it's not a Hoppip anymore. Regardless, I'm still pondering the possibility that I'll encounter that Shadow Hoppip as well as a Lucky instance of it.

The best Shiny Hoppip I currently have.

Every year, the list of posts below becomes even more extended, and that remains the case in this new year. If this year truly marks the start of a "new normal", then it may be wise to expect some "old normal" things but with many new twists. Such is (was) the case with today, which soon will become evident. For the rest of those old things and new twists, the year and my Pokémon blogging progresses past the conclusion of this post.

One year ago: Hoppip New Year 2022
Two years ago: Hoppip New Year 2021
Three years ago: Hoppip New Year 2020
Four years ago: Hoppip New Year 2019
Five years ago: Hoppip New Year 2018
Six years ago: First Post Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.