Monday, July 31, 2023

The State of Nominations, Part 23

Fittingly, after another two months, it's time to update the status of the nominations I made for new PokéStops in Pokémon Go. The subtopic for the discussion this time is productivity - as in, what I've done in the past and what I can stand to do in the future. It's apparent that a change in tracking method that I had detailed previously had worked some wonder not only for the tracking but also the creation activity, so that is obviously something to consider. But then life happens for me, as it does for other people, and that too needs to be taken into account in both progression and reporting.

As usual, I presently have to deliver the counts. Since the last time, I've made 182 distinct nominations, an increase of 12, one of the largest in recent times. 107 of these are Accepted according to Wayfarer, an increase of 17, which is indeed substantial as it means I have over 100 that are as such. Yet the ones that are Not Accepted are substantial in its own regard, as there are 56 of these, which is an increase of 13. The remaining nominations are Duplicate (11, same as last time), Appealed (5, up by 1), and In Voting (3, down by 3), with none In Queue (all 16 out). This last bit is not only substantial but also telling of the productivity.

Then there is my own take on the numbers. Of the above, 106 are approved, 46 are rejected, 22 are superseded, 5 are appealed, and 3 are submitted; in order, that means differences of +17, +13, +-0, +1, and -18, mostly in line with the above. The correspondences by now are quite clear and remain as they are, but these differences are just as telling. And that goes both ways, on the side of Wayfarer and on the side of me as the user and contributor to the system (and eventually to Pokémon Go).

What this tells is that the productivity on the Wayfarer side has increased, especially after that "fast-track" program I detailed a couple of updates ago. That means faster voting and decisions for newer nominations, and older nominations no longer clog up the system. Meanwhile on my side, after the switch to the spreadsheet, I'm no longer burdened by the limitations of the text file and consequently could stand to nominate more while letting the spreadsheet keep track. That also translates into increased productivity on this side.

Still, faster is not necessarily better, and I've identified a number of rejected nominations that were probably hastily considered on, but I cannot appeal since I've exhausted my current slots for appeals. At this point, I am considering to renominate them rather than to appeal them just to get things going - that is, to be "productive" with them. Yet that might have to wait for "spurts" in productivity beyond other issues that I currently deal with.

Having dealt with nominations for a long time and experienced great results out of them regardless, I can - and should, though this is a different story - stand to be more productive with them. The numbers I've detailed above speak for themselves, and it's just a matter of continuing them with whatever I do next for these nominations, to be as productive as I possibly can with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.