Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Being a Pokémon "Ambassador"

As usual, before the end of the year, I wish to address something related to my Pokémon blog as well as other Pokémon efforts. With all that I do with Pokémon, I'm essentially not only promoting myself, but also Pokémon in general. In that capacity, I could be considered (or more specifically, I consider myself) a Pokémon "ambassador" of sorts. An ambassador is a representative of sorts, and that more or less becomes what I do: I represent myself and all the potential things that Pokémon fans may do.

Through the Pokémon things that involve me - or even the ones I choose to be involved in - I demonstrate and represent my fascination for, appreciation of, and attraction to Pokémon. This would be even as the feelings and tastes of people change toward Pokémon and even other fandoms. In doing so, I represent how I continue to establish myself as a fan as well as how Pokémon continues to establish itself, much like the ambassadors of certain countries establish their country's place, even outside of it.

Certainly, this is by no means official, at least not yet. I assume my role for now simply out of pure joy, as something that befits me in my current state as a Pokémon fan and wherever I go and whatever I do to demonstrate that. It may be a long way before that is achieved, and even then there's a chance that it may never happen. Regardless, I would still consider myself to have the role, even unofficially, and I could pursue official links to Pokémon in yet other different ways to complement and bolster the role.

Meanwhile, I've considered myself to have established the role in a different way, with a little help from Ash, by winning the award that was presented on Saturday at a certain convention. It's a more local way of doing so, but it might just attract sufficient attention to expand the role beyond those borders... perhaps if something else hasn't already done so (although this was in conjunction with others). At least a few things may have been established through these two happenings and initiatives.

In all the ways that I deal with blog, there is a significant promotional side to them. It is this promotional side that makes me possess some of the qualities as an ambassador. Though it is only a role that I ascribe to myself, at least at this point, it's something that helps to affirm that I am a Pokémon fan and that Pokémon itself is still going strong even today. Evidently, to enjoy Pokémon is something that's normal and expected, but to represent myself and Pokémon is definitely going above and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.