Sunday, December 10, 2023

Cosplay: "My Town" Food Festival II

Goh: Oh, a busy Sunday too.

Me: Yeah, I actually wasn't expecting this one, and so did some people I know.

Ash: So, um... This is like from that time two months ago?

Pikachu: Pika chu pika. ["Looks familiar."]

Goh: But it's a follow-up, I see.

Me: Pretty much. So we don't have much to say about this one. Same place, same organizer, same competition, same people from last time.

Goh: But different day - last time it was on a Saturday.

Ash: And you sent me with my Unova outfit for this one.

Me: Good points. And there's no Pokémon matter of concern today, so you're free to take it easy before the character parade.

Goh: Which would be the competition.

Me: Certainly. So let's get to the point: what did you see and what happened?

Ash: Everything started in the middle of the afternoon. Before the character parade, there was a sing-along and a dance group.

Goh: Well, just like last time.

Ash: And there were lots of characters in the parade! I think there was 30 or so.

Goh: That's definitely more from last time.

Ash: But not a lot of winners. Just three.

Goh: And you weren't one of them.

Pikachu: Pi. ["Nope."]

Ash: No, and the ones who won seemed a little strange.

Goh: As strange as the judge? Just one person, friends of ours?

Ash: Yeah.

Me: OK, so we couldn't have hoped for much from this one.

Ash: And I think both a friend of ours and I messed up a little.

Goh: That doesn't help much.

Ash: I guess not.

Goh: Like last time, it didn't last too long.

Ash: Nope, just into the early evening.

Me: That wasn't too bad. But I guess everyone had something to improve.

Goh: Too few winners and judges... but I sense they didn't have much to work with.

Me: Neither did we, it seems like. Anyway, we cut our losses for this one.

Ash: Let's try again another time.

Me: Certainly.

Ash: Oh! By the way, a friend invited me while we waited for the competition to open up some Pokémon cards... and we got a few nice ones.

Pikachu: Pi, pika pika. ["Yeah, really nice."]

Goh: Neat! Can our friend use them?

Me: Maybe, maybe not. But I can always use them in other ways.

Ash: I got to keep a few of them for you.

Me: Thanks. I'll deal with them somehow.

Goh: I guess that was about the only neat thing today.

Ash: I guess so! 

Me: Anyhow, we've got two more Saturdays in the pipeline this month... but I can't say much about them for now.

Goh: Now I'm really curious. You must have plans for them already.

Pikachu: Pi pika pika. ["And I'm intrigued."]

Me: Save your energy - because they'll be busy, just like these extra Sundays. That we can expect.

Ash: I can't wait! We sure will.

Three years ago: Night Falls, Heavens Rise
Six years ago: Cosplay: Utsuru F!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.