Sunday, May 26, 2024

Cosplay: Helloweebs Spotlight Event 2024

Me: OK, so here's Act 1 from yesterday and... I guess it would be Act 4 for today - but more on that later. 

Goh: Oh, it's the same one from last year.

Me: More or less, I think we might be able to say? Like last year, it runs for two days, obviously. 

Ash: It really was like last year - the stands, the stage, everything. 

Pikachu: Pika chu. ["Exactly that."]

Goh: I'm sure the competitions are the same too.

Me: You bet: singing, character parade, and character performance. Since Ash didn't get into any of them last year, I had to get him in this year's.

Ash: I was in the singing competition yesterday... with something a little different.

Goh: How different? 

Ash: Usually a group would sing it.

Me: So the story I put for you is that it's an idol song - but Ash is my "idol", so you have the privilege to sing it.

Ash: And it's the same one from a few months ago and the little festival two weeks ago!

Me: There's that - it's the first time we put it into competition. Also, a sister group of the original performed it with Pikachu, coincidentally during that time on the island, so now it has a faint Pokémon connection.

Pikachu: Pi, pika? ["Nice, right?"]

Goh: I see! That must have been a riot now.

Ash: Actually, no - the people watching were normal.

Me: I have a few theories about this, but we'll have to put it in another competition.

Goh: How'd it go, though?

Ash: My cap almost flew off because of the wind on stage! And I used a stand, but somehow it didn't feel too good. Maybe the judge saw this and thought so too - but the singing was fine.

Goh: So, no win.

Ash: No - a friend told me later.

Me: Hmm. As I've said, I want to put this into another competition to verify things, including to fix this now.

Goh: I'll support that. So, what about the character parade?

Ash: It was also yesterday, but I wasn't in it because it was the exact same time as the other festival.

Me: That, and I think you got a better return from the other one even without a win.

Goh: Then there's the performance competition.

Ash: That was today. I saw a couple, and they looked so involved.

Me: I had a hunch. This one might be a little out of our league, but I'm still interested in putting you in one - just one that's less involved, so probably not this one.

Ash: I can't wait for that.

Pikachu: Pika chu pika. ["I'm right with you."]

Goh: Oh, and other entertainment?

Ash: They had a few games for people, and a few dance groups and a DJ. I saw the last two today.

Goh: OK, same as last year, like just about everything else.

Me: Agreed, so let's discuss something else. Any big hits?

Ash: I got to meet many of your friends as usual. I even had a lively Pokémon talk with one of them.

Goh: I'm sure some of our friend's friends share the same interest for Pokémon as we do.

Me: That's pretty much the truth, and it's always a big reason why I keep sending Ash - not to mention for the competitions and all.

Goh: If there are hits, there had to be misses - were there anything?

Ash: The people who ran it seemed to be a bit out of their minds - I almost missed the part where the singing competition judge was to talk to me, and then I missed the group picture when I headed to the other festival.

Me: When I set you up, they did seem rather quiet. I do wish that they told us the details before everything started so everyone would know what to expect.

Goh: If you missed stuff, I can imagine some of the others would too.

Pikachu: Pi... pika pika. ["Well... it's possible."]

Goh: By the way, if this is Act 4 today, what was Act 3?

Me: Oh, Ash needed to do a bit of something involving Ferroseed - and again at the festival. Did you do it?

Ash: I did, before I came. And I think it slightly improved at the festival.

Me: Awesome, so thanks for taking care of that. Anyway, overall, the festival part of it is pretty good, but the competitive part could be a bit better, even with this being our first competitive experience for it.

Ash: Yeah! I'd be happy to come again next time and do something for the competitions.

Goh: This is a "spotlight event", after all, so they're putting you and the others in the spotlight.

Me: Why not - let's see if they and I can make that "spotlight" brighter next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi folks! Feel free to comment, but know that I'll be selecting only the most appropriate and relevant comments to appear. Think before you post.